PDA

View Full Version : can you be filmed in public without permission?

conad
22-05-09, 07:51 AM
cut a long story short, my local council thought it was a good idea to turn an old quary, about a mile from my house, into a rubbish tip. Theres been a lot of local support with friendly demonstrations an legal stuff. So on my way home from nights just now, as i always do, i beeped, and there were to workers standing by the road filming me. So i slammed on, reversed, and politely asked him what he thought he was doing. To which the reply was 'the police have told us to, we're sick of all the abuse, now fcuk off before i call the police'. All i did was beep my bloody horn. I parked up and we had a mad argument, they would of killed me had it come to a fight lol.

surely they cant be allowed to film me, human rights an all that bull crap.

napalm_27
22-05-09, 08:00 AM
any one has the right to film anythink in public

dont you watch road wars lol

conad
22-05-09, 08:01 AM
even if i object?

napalm_27
22-05-09, 08:02 AM
yep
watch road wars mate everyone on there objects and gets nicked lol

Jack
22-05-09, 08:07 AM
How old are you?

Depends what they want to do with the film. I believe its ok, unless its for public broadcast. Ofcom won't cover them as they're not a broadcaster. Hmm.

[edit] Technically, shows like Road Wars are in breach of the DPA and Ofcom rulings. I'm surprised nobody has taken the program company to court, but then they're usually only filming braindead chavs who wouldn't know an easy-win lawsuit if it smacked them in the face

MattBrown
22-05-09, 08:10 AM
You can be filmed in public, aslong as you can see what was filmed, so if you politely asked them to see it and they showed you, there off the hook!

Otherwise, it also has to be available for you to obtain a copy of, the same as any cctv you are on, you are entitled to copy it:)

Whats all the fuss about anyways?

You make a mess, you want a 21st century lifestyle, so live with it?

We had a lovely country setting, untill a huge shopping park was placed a few hundred foot from my doorstep, I use it now, tbf, objection just causes upset, nothing contructive!

bmw156
22-05-09, 08:28 AM
ok another kinda of topic question.

in normal programme, not road wars. why do some people have their faces blurred... (i know that in road wars it is probably something legal)

and on another off topic back when i used to skate, we used to film it etc. and one day this group of boys came over and asked to see if they were on the film as they didnt want to be. suddenly one had a 4ft stick with a nail in the end and then they mugged the camera of us. and ran off. gutted

conad
22-05-09, 08:28 AM
How old are you?

they're usually only filming braindead chavs who wouldn't know an easy-win lawsuit if it smacked them in the face

Im 22, does that matter? i might be jumping the gun here, but i hope that sly dig wasnt aimed in my direction. I was doing nothing wrong, simply driving home, and i expressed my views, along with 99% of people round here, by beeping, and i wasnt too keen in being filmed on the process.

Whats all the fuss about anyways?

You make a mess, you want a 21st century lifestyle, so live with it?

it's because its boundry in less that 100m away from some houses and a country park, and plans werent followed, its currently in the high court in brussels.

MattBrown
22-05-09, 08:36 AM
Move then?

You chose to buy a house there, you choose to live where you live, if its that big of a deal, move, or, kick off, and tbf, if it was 100m from my house, I Would fight it aswell!

2 choises, Move or Fight it, but tbh, a bug business will always win!

Lynsey
22-05-09, 09:31 AM
I doubt he was aiming that dig at you, for a start it's highly unlikely they're going to broadcast it to the public.

I think roadwars etc blur out faces of those who object to being on telly. Let's face it, if you're going to get nicked you might as well get your 5 mins of fame and what chav would ever object to being on telly? lol otherwise there'd be no Jeremy Kyle show.

You shouldn't worry about them filming you, it's probably to deter people from continuing to abuse them and to keep record. It's not the workers' fault after all, they're just putting a meal on the table like the rest of us.

FUSION X16XE
22-05-09, 05:12 PM
[edit] Technically, shows like Road Wars are in breach of the DPA and Ofcom rulings. I'm surprised nobody has taken the program company to court, but then they're usually only filming braindead chavs who wouldn't know an easy-win lawsuit if it smacked them in the face
They always say that there filming the officers and if your in a public place theres nothing you can do about it iirc.

gtachorley
22-05-09, 05:28 PM
They are fine to film you, its only if its used for public display that they require consent, the reason people are blurred or not blurred on Roadways etc is whether they refused to sign or signed a consent form.

Think about it from their side if you had to work on a site and the cars that went passed kept beeping / giving you grief you would be p'd off as your just doing a job, you may even film them incase they took any further measures, when you say you slammed on and reversed back to argue with em you are lucky they didn't sling a rock at your car or something.

Joe Richardson
22-05-09, 05:33 PM
should of just took the camera of him,and smashed it up,that would of made the **** mad:thumb:

he shouldn't be filming you,it's not right:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would be fuming if someone was filming me:mad: :mad: :mad:

bmw156
22-05-09, 05:37 PM
should of just took the camera of him,and smashed it up,that would of made the **** mad:thumb:

he shouldn't be filming you,it's not right:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would be fuming if someone was filming me:mad: :mad: :mad:

are you constantly angry, because im sure 100's of cctv cameras film you every day

Joe Richardson
22-05-09, 05:38 PM
are you constantly angry, because im sure 100's of cctv cameras film you every day

FPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

That's different mate,i mean if someone was pointing the camera right at me,for no reason:mad:

Jack
22-05-09, 06:09 PM
That's different mate,i mean if someone was pointing the camera right at me,for no reason:mad:
So the CCTV comment still stands lol

Im 22, does that matter? i might be jumping the gun here, but i hope that sly dig wasnt aimed in my direction. I was doing nothing wrong, simply driving home, and i expressed my views, along with 99% of people round here, by beeping, and i wasnt too keen in being filmed on the process.
I was asking as if you were under 18 they'd be breaking the law.

And the comment (not a dig, but if it was, its far from sly lol) about chavs wasn't aimed at you, hence why I was quoting the road wars comment. Unless you've been featured on road wars? lol

Reminds me of an interview I once saw with Steve-O; said he was p!ssed off with doing the Jackass movie as every time they pulled a stunt they had to get everyone in the near proximity to sign release forms!

Joe Richardson
22-05-09, 06:21 PM
So the CCTV comment still stands lol

you know what i meanlol

gtachorley
22-05-09, 09:11 PM
Just to point out if you went and smacked a ground worker in the face chances are you would be battered and put in with the foundations, them lads aint soft

lol

skidmarkz
22-05-09, 10:09 PM
it's ilegal to film anyone in public, cars are a even bigger no no, filming anyone without permission is infact a large offence, filming your car numberplate is even bigger.

to clear up the "you have the right to see any footage your recorded on" you dont, as you are not cleared in anyway shape or form to view other people. this is why it is the law to have " you are being filmed" signs up on buildings with cctv, as soon as you walk on that site you give up the right to view anything as they have told you, you are being recorded. if you dont like it dont go on that site :)

a company has just gone bust because they tried to introduce a new cctv system into schools called "class watch" it's is in direct violation of right to remain private, and the fact it breaches the data protection act.....

kelbelle
23-05-09, 11:44 AM
Actually they blur the faces of the people that weren't convicted in the end. They only show the faces of the people that were convicted of a crime...i think