PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank setup??

gtachorley
22-05-09, 12:35 AM
I am fitting a 16xe to me Nova and need a tank and pump amd front engine mount, have bought one off a PNG member but I am in work on Monday (after 2 weeks off sorting this engine swap) and dont think they will be here by then if worst case they aint here tomorrow there will be no chance till tuesday :( This is my daily driver, its nearly finished engine is ready to go in. Need it for Monday!!!!.

Worst case I need to get a tank and pump tomorrow then sell the one he sends on, so question is I know the mpi tank and pump (in tank) is easiest, incase I cant find one what are my other options???

Also any one know where I can get these in Lancashire either new, scrappy or someone on here??

All help Welcome lol

AlexW
22-05-09, 12:52 AM
Hmm, like you say the SPI tank is the best due to the pump from a astra/corsa (altho apparnelty on some you have to muck about with the corsa pump)

Carb tank would work with a external pump from a GTE/GSI, Novabikecarbed has the same setup i belive.

Not sure if it would suffer from lack of fuel when cornering tho, guess it will be as bad as a spi tank?

Apart from that theres not many options afaik, apart from a 2l bottle with fuel in lol

blue_peg_16v
22-05-09, 12:58 AM
gte/gsi/sri tank with external pump for me

gavint5
22-05-09, 01:02 AM
just bodge together a tank out of anything mate til the good one comes and get any old pump to run it. it doesnt need to be under the car if your desperate. the boot or back seat will do. use any inline pump that you think will deliver the pressure. an old seirra 2 litre pinto will have a nice simple inline pump with a lovely little bracket on it that helps you strap it down. will be cheap and common aswell

gtachorley
22-05-09, 01:15 AM
So any injection tank and pump set up???

AlexW
22-05-09, 01:19 AM
Just anything lol

gtachorley
22-05-09, 01:27 AM
Lol I am thinking that dont car if I have to sip petrol from a flask and blow it down a pipe lol Need to get to work!!!

Might be worrying for nowt but paid for parts on Tuesday and was told would be sent FedEx next day, so expecting em on Thursday but not here might be here in Morning fingers crossed, did ask the lad to sent me a msg when sent and he hasn't been on line since, dont doubt he will send it but just need some was of getting engine starting over weekend.

So any injection tank and pump???

AlexW
22-05-09, 01:30 AM
Yer, even a carb tank would work, Isnt yours a 1.0?

gtachorley
22-05-09, 01:31 AM
Yeah but doesnt it need a return, or could I use my 1.0 tank and an spi pump in any way??

gtachorley
22-05-09, 01:32 AM
Oh yeah and +1 rep for all your help

AlexW
22-05-09, 01:33 AM
Not realy, you would need a inline pump from somthing MPI anyways.

As for the return, just put a hole in the tank somwhere.

gtachorley
22-05-09, 01:36 AM
Ah might be and option if I do that where does them pump sit in engine bay?

AlexW
22-05-09, 01:37 AM
Get it close to the tank, just behind it is the usual place i think.

gavint5
22-05-09, 02:54 AM
nope. you need to braid in another port for the return line mate. a motorcycle tank with a return would do the trick with an inline pump ;) if you can take one off something. your nearest bike breakers will have a bashed tank you can have for nothing if you cant take one off something

gavint5
22-05-09, 02:56 AM
or bash a hole in like he sed! you have the pump as close to the tank as possible but infront of it. i dont know why and it is awkward but there is a reason. just cant remember exactly and dont want to sound daft.

AlexW
22-05-09, 11:20 AM
Theres no need for the pump infront, at all. It just means a bit of extra piping, but its a secure location and its where the 1600 pumps are.