PDA

View Full Version : Win or Fail...

Asa-James
21-05-09, 11:06 PM
i've bought a car on ebay, 21 years old, 8,000 miles (and the condition of the bodywork looks to back it up) and i'm going to pick it up next week.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180359478955

well, whaddya think?

D11 OVA
21-05-09, 11:09 PM
worth a shot mate looks alright

John
21-05-09, 11:09 PM
Cool, 5 doors rock! :D Welcome to the performance 5 door group!

novalicous
21-05-09, 11:13 PM
looks a good en but needs a polish lol

wwmnw
21-05-09, 11:15 PM
It hasn't got proper wings/arches :(, Looks good for its age but 22 years old and 8 thousands miles!?!? You do realise clocks on Nova's only go up to 99999 then it go's back to 00000... Need i say more?

Only 5 thousand more miles and I'm back to 0000 then i can sell it on for a decent profit saying its been stored for years hence the low mileage lol

Asa-James
21-05-09, 11:22 PM
i know about the round the clock thing, but the condition of the car seems to say its a low miler, i dunno, we shall see when i get it home and promptly pull it to pieces

wwmnw
21-05-09, 11:24 PM
Yeah it does look in good nick but i seriously doubt mileage that low on a car that old, Maybe it really is that low but without proof its impossible to tell, As panels can be cleaned and resprayed, But **** it, It looks good so worth the money any way.

Edit: Ninety ****ing two quid? B A R G A I N!

Spudly
21-05-09, 11:28 PM
Nice touch dude get it mopped over and bumpers gel'd up and she will look brand new and for that price you cant argue, nova for pvs = win lol

Tommy_nova
21-05-09, 11:41 PM
Well now we know not to buy a nova from you dont we sonny jim lol

It hasn't got proper wings/arches :(, Looks good for its age but 22 years old and 8 thousands miles!?!? You do realise clocks on Nova's only go up to 99999 then it go's back to 00000... Need i say more?

Only 5 thousand more miles and I'm back to 0000 then i can sell it on for a decent profit saying its been stored for years hence the low mileage lol

wwmnw
21-05-09, 11:46 PM
lol Gonna change the clocks anyway as i need some rev counter ones.

KSRY
22-05-09, 12:01 AM
£92 for a Nova (even if it is a moredoor) in that conditions a good buy, but if thats lower mileage, why is it so faded? If its been stored outside, how is the body in that gooder condition?

good buy though!

gavint5
22-05-09, 02:34 AM
lol Gonna change the clocks anyway as i need some rev counter ones.

eh? why arnt you just gonna drive this thing to the death? there was one around the corner from me for £150 with some tax and test in far better nick and i wouldnt look at the thing twice. there bloody ugly and deserve a good send off.

i am a reasonable man though so if you can show me a good one i'll admit if i am wrong.

Jack
22-05-09, 07:44 AM
Price = win
5 door = fail
Proper arches = win
Obvious round-the-clock-mileage = fail
Good nick even with 109k on the clock = win

I'd say thats about 60% win.

George g
22-05-09, 07:48 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!BSz+2IQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjgEjlLmZyqPBKFFYT1jyQ~~_1.JP G

the condition of the engine bay - the cam carrier looooks baked with old oil/grease) would suggest its probably seen more than only 8000 miles... however for less than 100 nickers its worth it, even if you break it or run it to the ground. you will still make £50 from the scrappie! :thumb:

NathanSRi
22-05-09, 03:38 PM
Safety Features: Passenger Airbag

:wtf:

wwmnw
22-05-09, 03:56 PM
Proper arches = win

Them arches make it look gay :( Only a homo like yourself could like them arches :plol

Jack
22-05-09, 06:27 PM
Don't make me bring up the "round peg, square hole" argument again lol

:wtf:
Could demand a refund due to inaccurate listing? lol

Or maybe it means there's a bag of air in there. Could be any bag, although I hear Asda's new bags are pretty good

Asa-James
22-05-09, 08:40 PM
round arches FTW

Or maybe it means there's a bag of air in there. Could be any bag, although I hear Asda's new bags are pretty good
ohhhh i hope its a waitrose bag, i wouldnt trust value supermarkets if the worst did occur...

update--ebay states 1 previous owner, did a text check (£3 for total piece of mind) and it says 2 owners, so i'm guessing old couple from new, then the lad i'm buying it off last couple of years, so fingers crossed should come with some history

ade
22-05-09, 09:07 PM
I thought you were getting a saloon?!?

5 door or not its a Nova - mop it, drop it, alloys, peanut butter the bumpers and it'll do...for now...

craig green
22-05-09, 09:20 PM
Do a 3 door conversion on it.

MK999
22-05-09, 09:26 PM
Do a 3 door conversion on it.

Wonder if it would actually look cooler with the back doors welded up or whether it would still look crap because of the short front door and odd windows lol

mowgli
22-05-09, 09:27 PM
I think it might be genuine. the engine bay may be grubby, but the inner arches & turrets look good. look at the nat day piccys at my car, the red 3 door g629fdo, it has only done 8000miles...I have proof. anyone who knows anything about cars can tell a low miler easily, & the brake pedal rubber & the gearstick gaiter will be in good nick...

Asa-James
22-05-09, 09:31 PM
because i'm lazy its not getting polished, i liked the matt look on baxters loon, so i'm gonna make sure its all red then flat it back (or be proper pikey and red lead it!) got an insurance quote today as well, no NCB and clean licence gubbins £390 tpft, which is a bit better than the £670 it stated at today...

craig green
22-05-09, 09:34 PM
Wonder if it would actually look cooler with the back doors welded up or whether it would still look crap because of the short front door and odd windows lol

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/sparrot/Integrale/IMG_1080.jpg

Too many rear windows spoils it all for me. You could graft in the wedge arches from a 3 door accross the door shuts & create an integrale style 5 door Nova. That would be the coolest thing.

Asa-James
22-05-09, 09:39 PM
one of the reasons i bought it was because it didnt have square arches (and it wasnt a late spec squintey one)

craig green
22-05-09, 09:41 PM
(and it wasnt a late spec squintey one)

Go & play over there with RJ!lol Squnty LOL. Mk2's do suck.

MK999
22-05-09, 09:49 PM
What is it with people recently and disliking cool arches? lol

Jack
22-05-09, 11:20 PM
What is it with people recently and disliking cool arches? lol
I know, but we'll soon get them all to like cool arches. You're talking about the round ones, right?

There was a blue 5dr on ebay not so long ago that had gayhat arches put on. Did a decent job of it from the tell of the pictures. People have in the past also welded up the rear doors, but if you do that, expect a million "why buy a 5dr if you're welding up the rear doors" comments.