PDA

View Full Version : Some rebuild questions

novalovingned
21-05-09, 05:37 PM
Nearly there with the 1.6 8v gte engine rebuild now but have a couple of questions to get it finished.

1. Flywheel - do i need new flywheel bolts when bolting it back on? or will the old ones be fine?

2. Attached the crankshaft cogged pulley last night fine, does the the altonator pulley just sit on the face of the crankshaft pulley in the groove alocated, if so is it a case of washer and bolt, done?

3. Water pump - what do the bolts look like that hold it in place? Any special looking retaining features?

4. Timing belt tension - What tensions the timing belt on the E16SE?

Cheers for reading :)

Ecka

novalovingned
21-05-09, 05:57 PM
Forget question 1. I already know the answer lol

bmw156
21-05-09, 06:12 PM
ok lol

1.. yeh new bolts
2.unsure
3. im sure they are just allen key bolts. shoudl be 3 of them and pretty big washers
4. if its the same as the smaller engines, then the water pump turns to tighten it (there is a special spanner available for this, i think sealey do one)

novalovingned
21-05-09, 06:30 PM
ok lol

1.. yeh new bolts
2.unsure
3. im sure they are just allen key bolts. shoudl be 3 of them and pretty big washers
4. if its the same as the smaller engines, then the water pump turns to tighten it (there is a special spanner available for this, i think sealey do one)

Ok mate cheers will have a look in the tub of left over engine bolts.

Anyone has any help just let me know :)

AlexW
21-05-09, 07:14 PM
2. I think so.

4. If your engine has a tensioner then use it lol, or you could just use the water pump. No special tool is needed.