PDA

View Full Version : LET coolant temp sensor

let_nova
21-05-09, 11:00 AM
right a while back i soldred the plug back on to the wires. now i had soldred them on the wrong way round would it cause the car to run **** till it get up to temp? just runs lumpy and popping and banging then all of a sudden.... runs sweet?

gaznovalet
21-05-09, 12:05 PM
if wires were on wrong way around car wud realy strugle to start possibly even refuse to start as if the cts was disconected, the ecu relies on this sensor to know the operating temp of engine before allowing it to start. have you flashed the fault codes? 14 is cts low voltage, and 15 is cts high voltage. is the engine popping and banging on idle or whilst being driven?
cud be down to several things as said a dodgy cts, maybe plugs or gaps not correct, rotor arm in dizzy, possibly even fueling or overboost. is engine standard or modified?

let_nova
21-05-09, 02:30 PM
its new plugs gapped to .7mm when driving and very light acceleration it coughs and splutters but when you accelerate hard it doesnt do it. when i let off the pedal theres a lot of backfiring but doesnt do it when warm...

ps. gaz got the bits.

gaznovalet
21-05-09, 03:11 PM
pleased you got the tank mate nice one.
has the engine just been recently fitted?
and wot boost and fuel pressure you running?

let_nova
21-05-09, 09:39 PM
boost is standard as fuel pressure too.