PDA

View Full Version : xe wiring loom question

turbo-boy
20-05-09, 07:56 PM
hello there im putting a c20xe into a corsa i am left with one wire and im not sure.it is green single wire and its sitting near the coil to run the dizzy.does this wire have to be cut and connected onto the coil?cheers for any help

Rich
20-05-09, 08:11 PM
I think green is your rev counter, have you got it running?

ST-eater
20-05-09, 08:37 PM
if its one with a strange black connector on it then it isn't needed. Also the green is for the rev counter, but thats normally taken from the loom internally if you get what i mean.. It isnt a 'floating' wire

turbo-boy
21-05-09, 10:06 AM
i already hav the rev counter wire sorted.so is there no power that goes to the coil as such? on my coil there is 2 plugs do i hav to run a ignition live to this? im running dizzy type btw

gaznovalet
21-05-09, 11:06 PM
is the green wire from the xe loom or your corsa itself? the coil for a dizzy c20xe has a small amp on the bracket below it with a red wire and a blue wire to the conections of the coil then the actual xe loom plugs into the coils amp wich is a 4 pin connection,there is no further need for a green wire at the coil other than if being used for the rev counter it will be connected to the negative side to pulse the rev counter. so if you have rev counter working thers no need for that green wire to be there.

turbo-boy
21-05-09, 11:23 PM
its on my xe loom yea i hav the plug connected to the amp.and my wire connected to my dizzy but should there not be a wire or plug that clips onto the coil that feeds the dizzy cap?or is there wores missing on my loom?

gaznovalet
22-05-09, 12:17 AM
your loom shud have a plug going to the amp below coil and a seperate plug wich goes to the actual dizzy not the cap, there is no other wires that go to the actual cap itself or run between cap and coil. u got picture of how yours is now?

turbo-boy
22-05-09, 12:24 PM
thats the way i hav it wired up plug goes onto the amp then another plug that goes onto the top of the dizzy and the only wire im left with is a green wire with speed conection on it.i already hav my rev counter wire wired up cause the wire for it is inside the car close to the ecu

gaznovalet
22-05-09, 02:20 PM
ok the only wire remaining it seems it cud be then if its near the dizzy and amp plugs is a switched live for the ecu.

napalm_27
22-05-09, 02:26 PM
well iv just been wiring my xe up and havnt been left with a green wire there take a few pics and let them do the talking

turbo-boy
23-05-09, 12:38 AM
i think a hav a 8v coil and amp going tomorrow to get a redtop coil and see

danielgray2k7
16-10-09, 01:35 AM
hi guys i just read thow ur messages an it seem u no wat u talkin about i got a 2ltr redtop just put it in to my nova an it was runnin started off the botton every time i drove it round the conner of the house an it backfired an cut out now it wont start its sparkin it got fuel comin thow it will turn over but wont yart now i cant beleive in its killin me lol the engine got good compretion ive just chaned the sensor on the front of the engin the crank chaft i think that didnt work im goin to try the knockin sensor torrow do u have any idea wat could be wrong thaks