PDA

View Full Version : New Corsa D Faults

General Lee
20-05-09, 04:22 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine has a Corsa D 58 plate and she is experiencing a problem with a loud noise, it's a creaking noise comming from the near side rear wheel, she phoned vauxhall up and they said have'nt heared of anything like this before, so she persisted that they have a look at her car for her, as they were very reluctant to look at it. To cut a long story short has anybody on here had a similar problem or work for Vauxhall and heared of this problem. Just to get a heads up really.

Cheers
Nath

xe_nova9
20-05-09, 06:16 PM
Yea had it where the top bracket of the rear shocker creaks, have to take it off and grease it up.

Rich
20-05-09, 06:28 PM
My advice is buy a new car. Has she had the abs mod done to it? Yes, they have a new model and STILL cant sort out a problem from the previous model, tards.

I work for them, not had any creaks on the corsa i know of. Is it a constant noise? If not its not easy to diagnose, the techs work on time and vauxhall wont give them time for doing it.

Joe Richardson
20-05-09, 08:51 PM
They should just look at it;)

paddy138
20-05-09, 09:01 PM
never heard of this fault in them before, we have sold a fair amount of them and never had that problem

Nova_Tek
20-05-09, 09:03 PM
a creeky noise is probably bush or spring related doubt its nothing major. Just need to get Vaux to sort it out.

John
20-05-09, 09:03 PM
Whilst i was still there, we had a few faults with the catch on the b pillar badly alligned, (2 door?) then used to creak on the catch.

LEWI007
20-05-09, 09:04 PM
Get it weighed in and buy a real car....Corsa A :thumb: lol

John
20-05-09, 09:05 PM

Helpful! :roll:

Rich
20-05-09, 09:54 PM
Yeah i agree john, at least sell it so you can buy and fully restore a nice corsa a.....

..... with change lol

muzzy
20-05-09, 11:13 PM
My advice is buy a new car. Has she had the abs mod done to it? Yes, they have a new model and STILL cant sort out a problem from the previous model, tards.

I work for them, not had any creaks on the corsa i know of. Is it a constant noise? If not its not easy to diagnose, the techs work on time and vauxhall wont give them time for doing it.

I did well over 100 ABS wiring recalls on the Corsa C when i was at Vauxhall, that as well as the fooking timing chain recall as well :(

I've not had any Corsa's in with that problem at all, had a few with heating problems though, hit a bump and the heating will go off unless you thump it again :roll:

MK999
20-05-09, 11:14 PM
I did well over 100 ABS wiring recalls on the Corsa C when i was at Vauxhall, that as well as the fooking timing chain recall as well :(

I've not had any Corsa's in with that problem at all, had a few with heating problems though, hit a bump and the heating will go off unless you thump it again :roll:

They obviously went back to the roots of the Corsa and made it more like a Nova again! Lovable little character building problems lol

muzzy
20-05-09, 11:19 PM
IMO they are terrible cars, they arent remotely nice to drive. Wouldnt surprise me if there are more recalls for the Corsa D but the problem as said is that you will be lucky to find a dealership that will spend the time playing "hunt the noise" because they dont want to waste their time. We used to get folk moaning about noises all the time and if we didnt hear them on a road test then tough basically.

vxr_racing_2008
20-05-09, 11:47 PM
2009 and look at the state of modern cars. it shocking:D scrappage scheme for them perhaps?

General Lee
21-05-09, 07:16 AM

i keep telling her that. :thumb:

General Lee
21-05-09, 07:18 AM
IMO they are terrible cars, they arent remotely nice to drive. Wouldnt surprise me if there are more recalls for the Corsa D but the problem as said is that you will be lucky to find a dealership that will spend the time playing "hunt the noise" because they dont want to waste their time. We used to get folk moaning about noises all the time and if we didnt hear them on a road test then tough basically.

I work for Vauxhall Recall Department and there are currently no recalls on the corsa d, that i know of, but there needs to be, her brakes have failed allready

General Lee
21-05-09, 07:19 AM
Yea had it where the top bracket of the rear shocker creaks, have to take it off and grease it up.

tbh i think your right, her uncle mechanic said it would probably be a dry bush.