PDA

View Full Version : under piston oil squirters

wiseboy
19-05-09, 10:04 PM
hi all stripped the bottom end down tonight because it was knocking, the oil squirters look different to all the others i,ve seen done before, just wondering if its safe/ok like this

thanks Lee

my engine
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/wiseboynovasaloon/DSC00266.jpg

normal/otherway
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/wiseboynovasaloon/oilsqirters.jpg

wiseboy
19-05-09, 10:05 PM
there was a hole drilled in the bearing/shell for the oil to get to the squirter

gazsnova
19-05-09, 10:47 PM
sounds a bit wrong to me. if there was an oil channel (which there is) found the oil feed to the main bearings why would the shells have to drilled? as the feed to the bearing will still do its job, only its supplying oil to the squirters instead. channel looks ok in the pic. taking it that the squirters have been angled towards the pistons (gudgeon pin area)?

gaznovalet
19-05-09, 11:14 PM
^^^as said above lee mate sometimes if a home done job the holes can squirt oil to the conrods and bore instead of the under piston wich cud of lead to the damage being caused. not saying thats wots lead to your damage but cud be. does yours have valves in the holes for squirting more acurate wen under load? as some also just rely on oil pressure to build up and squirt through a driled hole, sorry you didnt get much sense out of me befor wen you rang as the phone call had just woke me up, lol.

wiseboy
20-05-09, 09:22 AM
^^^as said above lee mate sometimes if a home done job the holes can squirt oil to the conrods and bore instead of the under piston wich cud of lead to the damage being caused. not saying thats wots lead to your damage but cud be. does yours have valves in the holes for squirting more acurate wen under load? as some also just rely on oil pressure to build up and squirt through a driled hole, sorry you didnt get much sense out of me befor wen you rang as the phone call had just woke me up, lol.

lol, mine is the top pic, the one without the channel, it has the sqirter in mate not just a hole, theres no damage on the mains where the squirters are, only damage was on pistons 1 and 3 at the crank :thumb: