PDA

View Full Version : uprated cam on standard carb

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-09, 09:43 PM
any idea if a 1.2 engine will run a 1.4 cam reasonably on its standard peirburg 1b ?

chimp007_uk
19-05-09, 09:44 PM
yeh, fuelling will need adjusting.

Make sure its a 1.4 carb cam with the fuel pump lobe ;)

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-09, 09:46 PM
roger that :thumb: yep thats the one ive got, from a 14NV

how;s the best way of setting it up, can you do it all thru the idle like norm or is it best to tweak and rev up, ive got no clue when it comes to cams

AlexW
19-05-09, 09:47 PM
lol taf, read articals. Your have to slot it for the dizzy though. 1.3 item is better.

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-09, 09:50 PM
ive got the ignition system to go with it, im gonna get that working first off tho before i try the cam, i noticed when i had the dizzy off the other week, that my 1.2 cam has both slot AND pin drive, so i can rig the 1.4 igintion in as a test to make sure ive wired it right first, then cammage it up.

chimp007_uk
19-05-09, 09:51 PM
lol taf, read articals. Your have to slot it for the dizzy though. 1.3 item is better.

Of course...

mark your dizzy, remove it and see if it'll fit the end of the cam.

You still want my shocks buddy?

I'm in all week but away next week from this fri... :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-09, 09:56 PM
oh chimpeh, yo, my attention levels are shocking, didnt realise it was you, yeh man still wannem, and your cannibled clocks too :thumb:

hmm.. ill try for thursday after work possibly, im on early shifts this week, finish at 3pm ish. pm me your post code please chap, and ill work something out

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-09, 09:59 PM
mark the bugger lol (mk999) wants me to pick up the last of his bits too, plus ive gotta scrap a car tommora after work, then meet up with osama bin laden on thursday evening, hundred things to do, not enough time.