PDA

View Full Version : Boost on LET

richardspeed
19-05-09, 04:29 PM
Whats the standard boost on a Calibra turbo engine in psi? and what is the highest I can set the boost without changing things to be safe? its in a nova, rebuilt engine its pretty much standard part from exhaust, filter, bigger front mount intercooler, and hard pipe kit.:thumb:

gaznovalet
19-05-09, 04:40 PM
standard overboost 11 psi and shud hold 8 psi.

richardspeed
21-05-09, 12:57 PM
Anybody else have any info:thumb:

Will F
21-05-09, 04:41 PM
what sort of info?

Standard ranges from 6-8 psi and 9-11 overboost

'Safely' you can get up to 14-17, but I would aim for around 12 on P2 chips etc

richardspeed
21-05-09, 08:00 PM
The 14-17, is that on a standard ecu with some sort of boost controller

gaznovalet
21-05-09, 09:38 PM
no thats with uprated chips to control fuel and boost. on standard ecu you cud maybe get a few more psi safely say get it to hold 10 psi but not much more is adviseable as will lead to detonating and further problems if fueling is lean cud melt engine components. some people use in car boost valves and some without the amal valve but i stay clear of them as too easy to get wrong or try for too much boost and end up costly. other way is to adjust the thread on actuator bar, and remember you need to set the boost on car in top gear so requires a bit time driving, stopping and adjusting and wud need a boost gauge to judge this from.

garethcolley
22-05-09, 12:28 PM
no thats with uprated chips to control fuel and boost. on standard ecu you cud maybe get a few more psi safely say get it to hold 10 psi but not much more is adviseable as will lead to detonating and further problems if fueling is lean cud melt engine components. some people use in car boost valves and some without the amal valve but i stay clear of them as too easy to get wrong or try for too much boost and end up costly. other way is to adjust the thread on actuator bar, and remember you need to set the boost on car in top gear so requires a bit time driving, stopping and adjusting and wud need a boost gauge to judge this from.

Rolling road - £80 - jobs a good en, no danger of dody AFR's then.