PDA

View Full Version : will cellulous react with two-pac

therealnovaboy
19-05-09, 01:38 PM
was wondering if i was to spray a base coat with cellulous paint will it react if the top coat i was using is two pac paint.

Rexy
19-05-09, 01:49 PM
2k is pretty hard stuff mate so as long as you give it a half decent dryish first cost and let it settle it should be ok. Hit it too wet for the first coat and it may make you cry.

If it was Base i would be giggling at the fun your about to have, 2k can always be flatted but if 2k cracks up your going to have fun sorting it out.

Try it on say a wing or somthing smallish first, Plenty of heat as well. :D

Rexy
19-05-09, 01:52 PM
Ignore that, i mis read what you wanted to know.

It could cause you problems, but try it. I've painted 2k solvant over celly before and had issues with it reacting and cracking up. But this is mainly due to the thinners in the base coat.

Just try it, get it warm and go easy with the first coat :D

therealnovaboy
19-05-09, 01:56 PM
what i was thinking was that i could spray my engine bay with cellulose because ive got some in the garage and that would do to stop the metal rusting for the time being. when i was to get round to spraying the hole car, mabe a few weeks down the line in 2k will it be ok to use the cellulose as a base whithout the scare of it reacting. note i do not have any 2k paint yet.

Pillar
19-05-09, 02:27 PM
yeah should be fine mate i do it all the time with aerosols the 2k laquer as a cheaper option to the acrylic/waterbased basecoats