PDA

View Full Version : How do you !!

Tommy_nova
19-05-09, 01:20 PM
How do you cheek a cars history and see if its still on the road seen afew weeks ago on here someone did a car check is it free ? :p

AlexW
19-05-09, 01:31 PM
DVLA check, can just tell when its due mot and tax iirc. Also what colour/engine.

See articals

Tommy_nova
19-05-09, 02:01 PM
is there a website thats free that tells you who the keeper is where the car is now and so on trying to find my old gsi lol

Jack
19-05-09, 02:30 PM
You won't for free, as that opens a massive can of DPA worms.

At least if you cross the DVLA's palm with silver, they'll forget about the DPA lol

Tommy_nova
19-05-09, 02:44 PM
Ahh dam want to find my old gsi should never of sold it tbh one of the most sillyest things iv ever done lol just want to see if its still goin cus the new buyer was a nob init.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tommy_Nova/DSC00036-1.jpg
Just before i sold it

gaznovalet
19-05-09, 03:15 PM
there is some way you can do an instant check with a text on your mobile fone, i think its a few quid but dont know wot its called or any number for it cos i recently sold a car and the lad done a check there and then on the spot.

muzzy
19-05-09, 03:18 PM
My mate did one of those text checks and he knew that his car was previously written off but it didnt come up with that.

Tommy_nova
19-05-09, 03:21 PM
Cheers guys be cool if i knew where it was just that i herd off a friend that its sat in a garage now off the road the lads lost interest in it just seams a shame id love you get it back on the road

muzzy
19-05-09, 03:25 PM
The DVLA tax status will tell you if it is taxed, SORN'd or whatever but thats about as much information as you can get. I couldnt tell you what information you receive when paying for an HPI check bar the basics and if it is under finance, written off, stolen etc

Do you not know where the guy lives? Maybe worth going round and asking him if he still has it.

Southie
19-05-09, 03:25 PM
How do you cheek a cars history and see if its still on the road seen afew weeks ago on here someone did a car check is it free ? :p
Most of the sites though would probably need a VIN number.

Tommy_nova
19-05-09, 03:32 PM
no i dont know where he lives now i used to when i lived in north wales but since i moved down south hes moved some where else hes not a friend of mine just someone i know said they was talking to someone about it or something lol and they herd it was not bein used i know the engine was changed after him killing the 1600 that i spent all my money on to make mint lol think its a 2.0 8v now.

The DVLA tax status will tell you if it is taxed, SORN'd or whatever but thats about as much information as you can get. I couldnt tell you what information you receive when paying for an HPI check bar the basics and if it is under finance, written off, stolen etc

Do you not know where the guy lives? Maybe worth going round and asking him if he still has it.

muzzy
19-05-09, 03:34 PM
Ah thats no use then lol

Tommy_nova
19-05-09, 03:40 PM
haha no i know, i sold it for a bargin tbh be good to find the little fu*ker lol and sort it out, most probs stinks of weed now had a masive sound system put in it and a set of halfords budget alloys and a sunstip fitted lol shocking