PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash question - mileage

ST-eater
18-05-09, 11:42 PM
Hi, currently i have two novas, both with c20xe engines, yet one of the cars im stripping for the 'better' parts, and transffering them over to my daily driver...

Im after the digi clocks out of the donor, but they are showing 133,000 miles... and my car is only on 69,000 with all the MOT's to prove.

Ive tried searching and im looking for a way of getting the mileage adjusted to be correct, to reflect the mileage that the vehicle has actually done.

Im not interested in winding the clocks back to gain any money on resale, as im keeping my car till it dies lol.

Can anyone give me a clue how to do it, as i heard that the digi dash can get damaged if its not done correctly.

rednova
19-05-09, 02:19 PM
just leave it as is - its not worth knacking them up - all i did was take down what it says on each set of clocks when they are changed then if you do sell the car its easy to work out the mileage (anyone buying a nova with changed clocks / engines im guessing presumes the mileage wont be correct anyway etc) only difficulty comes mot time when they need to write down the mileage.

AlexW
19-05-09, 02:36 PM
With the MOT thing, i put a little note on the dash of mine, and had just before the mot worked out what the correct milage was.

Changing the digi dash miles isnt hard, just a pain and you may find that it dosnt go back right, IMO, leave it.

Rich
19-05-09, 04:35 PM
Its easy to wind them back, just use a small screwdriver and roll the dials back.