PDA

View Full Version : xe problem please read and try to help

callumsport
18-05-09, 10:38 PM
ok ive just put a c20xe dizzy engine in my corsa and it wouldnt start checked the crank sensor thats fine afm got another one icv got another one cap rotor leads pugs coil amplifier all changed loom changed checked the fuel lines wernt traped they were fine fuel pressher regulator changed then i thought maby its the fuel lines maby there on back to front so i swoped them over and it runs but there on backwerds the fuel is going in the offside of the rail though the fuel presser regulator the tho the rail and back to the tank it should be the other way round and it has no presher in the rail that way so hows it running it shouldnt run like this when you rev it it dies and when the fuel pipes are the right way round it wont run but theres pressher in the rail if eny one has eny idears please post them up because i am very very stuck now thank you

gaznovalet
18-05-09, 10:56 PM
you got afm fitted and connected up? and is temp sensor on front ok? as for fuel lines disconect them crank it over and fit the supply to the 19mm end. if you getting spark and fuel pump working no reason why it wont run apart from as you say fuel lines wrong way around.

callumsport
18-05-09, 10:59 PM
yep afm is conected temp sensor is ok and the suply s on the 19mm fuel pump is working and i have a spark yet it wont run oh and the engine is ok so wat could it be ??

gaznovalet
18-05-09, 11:27 PM
you got constant fuel supply? has the engine been stood any length of time before conversion? worth double checking all earths and failing that cud be a timing issue - leads all on correct order if its had new cap or possibly timing out.

callumsport
18-05-09, 11:40 PM
it has been stood but starts streight up when fuel lines are the wrong way round and yeh ive got fuel we checked all the earths today there all fine all the leads are in the right place and all on tight could the rail or injectors cause this ??????

gavint5
18-05-09, 11:49 PM
ECU.

its just not making no sense this. have you got water running down the loom and into your ecu? is the conector clean of corosion and water?

try cleaning it up with one of those cheap fine wire brushes and re conecting it. failing this try another ecu from an xe that is running.

ST-eater
18-05-09, 11:50 PM
If it starts and then dies off when you rev it it seems to suggest that the fuel pump isn't keeping pressure, and your engine is sucking up what fuel is there, and cutting out. Make sure you have a 12v and a good earth at the pump... for a makeshift test to rule the pump out,, get a wire ran straight from your battery to your pump and see if it buzzes and try turning it over...

Also have you replaced the fuel tank with the conversion? If so, you may have the fuel lines at the tank the wrong way around, the feed may now be the fuel return and vias versa..

The only other thing i can think of is the wiring on the fuel relay is incorrect.

Dont take my words as gosbel, im only giving a few ideas..

gavint5
18-05-09, 11:50 PM
if your in carlisle you can lend mine to test it. pm me

callumsport
19-05-09, 12:11 AM
ive got 4 ecus all from working cars same problem with them all didnt change the tank and we had a makeshift 2l fuel pump set up and it still wouldnt start think we mite chande the rail and injectors and failing that wire up a new loom but im relly relly stuck

Sloth
19-05-09, 12:19 AM
where are you in the country mate?

gavint5
19-05-09, 12:24 AM
yer try that but im starting to think it must be wiring

can you park a running xe next to it to compare???

gaznovalet
19-05-09, 12:38 AM
after you been trying to start the car take a plug out and see if its wet or dry. if they wet no need to change rail and injectors.

callumsport
19-05-09, 12:38 AM
we have cant see eny differcne and im down south i live by portsmouth

callumsport
19-05-09, 12:39 AM
yeh they are wet but im runing out of idears of what could be wrong with it

gavint5
19-05-09, 01:04 AM
hmmm? this is realy doing my head in now. so your getting a spark of some sort as it has started but ran like ****. you are getting fuel and there no reason your not gonna get air. thats it the laws of physics dictate that this should run!!!!!

gavint5
19-05-09, 01:12 AM
can the ignition timing be out on these? can the dizzy be on 180 degrees out?

i cant remember and i dont think ive ever actually had to changeone.

callumsport
19-05-09, 07:58 AM
yeh ive got fuel air and a spark and it wnot go not sure bout the timeing

gaznovalet
19-05-09, 10:01 AM
can the ignition timing be out on these? can the dizzy be on 180 degrees out?

i cant remember and i dont think ive ever actually had to changeone.
dizzy has a fixed position on these, if timings out its via the belt, as said you have a spark and plugs are getting wet so clearly the fuel is getting to them. if you have got a spark on all 4 and car refuses to start the timing is out! :thumb:

callumsport
19-05-09, 11:27 AM
i think it mite be overfueling maby the injecors are opening for too long because the car ticks over fine with the pipes round the wrong way there for the timeing is ok

gaznovalet
19-05-09, 12:44 PM
wen you fitted engine did you change the fuel connection ends? ie fit the 17 and 19mm ends to your existing nova fuel lines?
and does it have orignal beige injectors in and 3 bar fpr?

callumsport
19-05-09, 03:58 PM
its in a corsa and ive made sure the fuel feed is on the 19mm end and yep normal injectors and fpr

dougie_boi
19-05-09, 09:15 PM
sounds like a problem i had when i fitted an xe in my mk1 astra and i the airflow meter on back to front lol worth a check bud

callumsport
19-05-09, 10:21 PM
witch way should the arow on it point

dougie_boi
20-05-09, 12:08 AM
away from the airbox. towards the inlet manifold

callumsport
20-05-09, 06:38 PM
FIXED it was my coolent temp sensor changed it and it started strieght up yay not long befor i get to drive it now

gavint5
20-05-09, 08:30 PM
i'll be remembering this one like for future refference. cheers for updating the thread yer

callumsport
20-05-09, 11:36 PM
yeh i never thought it could of been that ether but hay its fixed so im happy lol