PDA

View Full Version : going from t40's to injection help

rednova
18-05-09, 05:52 PM
right o folks as some of you are aware i have a gsi engine running on 40's however theyre not jetted correctly, i have the inlet ecu and loom from the gsi engine and i think ive got the dizzy somewhere - however when fitting the 40's the egr hole was blocked up. im running a facet redtop pump and regulator will this pump be enough? - what will i need to get the injection running ? or is it a case of bolt on wire up and away i go?

any advice on the wiring will be much appreciated

oh the car was originally a 1200 carb:thumb:

Phil

(before you ask why - i just want to drive my car as im a little skint at the moment and need to spend monies elswhere)

gazsnova
18-05-09, 06:02 PM
basic list- you will need- inlet manifold with injectors and air pipe work,
air flow meter,
air coasting valve and the other air valve where the mechanical fuel pump used to be on carb engines.
wiring loom
coil and dissy that fits the loom.
oh and ignition ecu.

on your engine loom they should be a plug with 6 pins in it.
red- bat live
black- ign live (test and make sure that it is live when key is in crank position too)
blue- to coolant temp gauge
green- rev/tacho meter
brown/white?- mil lamp
red/blue- live to fuel pump.

hope this helps

rednova
18-05-09, 06:04 PM
thats pretty much exactly what i was after - cheers bud!!!

gazsnova
18-05-09, 06:06 PM
need any more help giz a shout :thumb:

rednova
18-05-09, 06:21 PM
oh will my redtop facet pump be upto the job?

gazsnova
18-05-09, 06:23 PM
depends what pressure its putting out. is it one for carbs?

rednova
18-05-09, 06:54 PM
yeah i think it is - am i just best of getting an external one from a cav or astra?

gazsnova
18-05-09, 10:29 PM
yeah your better off doing that, youll need the bracket its mounted in aswell. wont fit on the chassis rail straight away but after a bit of cutting it should be ok. youll need a gsi fuel tank too if you havnt already got one.