PDA

View Full Version : bucket seat mounting

Plunky
17-05-09, 10:15 PM
I have a pair of cobra monaco bucket seats and have fitted them into my nova using the "correct" subframes. the subframes fit the car by using the 2 front bolts and then you have to drill 2 holes into the floor pan to secure the rear of the subframe down.

I am just curious as to wether i should get this part of the floor strengthened as it seems a bit "weak" and has a lot of flex to it.

can anyone point me in the right direction as to how i should strengthen it i.e where i should get plates welded.

cheers

Liam

Iain
17-05-09, 10:26 PM
They sound like universal subframes and not tailored to fit a Nova? Is this right?

Plunky
17-05-09, 10:29 PM
i dont know to be honest, the front bar that bolts to the original mounting holes is angled the same as the original frames, so not really sure??

the seller seemed to think they are the standard cobra subframes for a nova

Pillar
17-05-09, 10:55 PM
i dont know to be honest, the front bar that bolts to the original mounting holes is angled the same as the original frames, so not really sure??

the seller seemed to think they are the standard cobra subframes for a nova they are the correct frames as i had them on my cobra monacos, the only prob with mine was the seats sat to high and wouldnt tilt far enough to let people in the back lol

Plunky
18-05-09, 09:04 AM
mine seem to be the perfect height really, dont have to worry about people in the back!! theres no seats and a cross section from my cage in the way! lol

George g
18-05-09, 09:39 AM
one of the mairn ways to secure bucket seat mountings onto the car is to weld bars across from the sills to the centre tunnel as the floorpan can deform and crumple in a small crash.

if you really want to put them on the floor then some strengthening plates wouild be needed! :thumb: