PDA

View Full Version : loondacris

novasaloon1984
17-05-09, 09:30 PM
Well my saloon was finally road worthy on friday and i was happyer than a whore blowing spunk bubbles.
but the happyness didnt last as long as i thought it would, after dropping the Mrs off at home this morning i took the loon for a good blast to see if i could see any problems and straight away i felt a big flat spot low down in the rev range.
so off home i went to see what the problem was after a little look i seen that the timming was out by one little tooth. not a problem i thought.
I decided to put my piper cam pulling whilst i timmed it up as i thought it would be rude not to.
timming belt off and all timmed up i put the belt back on and crancked the white sl*t but......
the bloody timing cover bolts cought on my cam pulley and luckly only groud the nut tops down.

but unto my knolage it had also cracked the cam housing and was leaking oil all over. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So after shouting at anyone who got in my way i stripped the engine and got my other cam housing and managed to swap it all over and get it running again in half an hour.

and know the timming is spot on its even faster than i can remember.

love it

davidfox280585
17-05-09, 10:23 PM
pics?

novasaloon1984
17-05-09, 10:48 PM
sorry didnt have time to take pics i was to busy stamping my feet