PDA

View Full Version : Spark on 2 not 4 c20xe

ST-eater
17-05-09, 03:37 PM
Hi, my friends having issues with his c20xe engine. He has fitted the engine into his nova, wired it allup, and only has spark to cylinder 1 + 4, but not to 2+3. So far he has changed the cap, arm and and leads but no difference.

Any ideas?

I did think hall or crank sensor, but surely that would effect all 4 rather than just cylinder 1+4

Lee
17-05-09, 04:13 PM
Very odd, id expect a fault like that on a dispack engine, but not dizzy.

Have you checked all the gaps on the plugs, even swapped the plugs to see if the fault moves?

chimp007_uk
17-05-09, 04:16 PM
I have the exact same problem on a c20seh :(
I'm interested to know the answer to this as I'm in the process of giving up and looking for carbs!

novaguy08
17-05-09, 06:18 PM
check the rotor arm...... regardless of any sensors the dizzy will still spark also have the leads been put on in the right order?
Check the amp as well, that might be sending an intermittant signal

ST-eater
18-05-09, 01:29 PM
Replaced the amp and the leads have been swapped but no joy. Going to try the dizzy cap and arm, and if no joy il rewire, as the majority of the electrics are sh*gged anyhow...

gaznovalet
18-05-09, 01:41 PM
had same problem years back on an xe and was the ecu at fault, wen took it apart to investigate had a burnt area wich was clearly visible and smelt of burning think maybe caused at some point by water damage.

ST-eater
18-05-09, 09:44 PM
Im replacing the loom, and if that dont work il use the same ECU as the one in my motor as its the same code as the car im having issues with.