PDA

View Full Version : how do i trace the registered keeper of a car :@ roadrage

bedford8256
17-05-09, 01:19 AM
on my way home tonight some idiot in a red astra estate was right up my girlfriends rear bumper so she edges forward abit and its as if hes going to ram her out the way next thing hes speeding up so we go abit faster and he rams us up the rear end, luckily enought 2 of my friends happened to be behind the car and chased him and got the reg. the roads were wet as it had been heavily raining and could of easily pushed us straight of the road. we went into a roundabout quite quickly and he went a different way. i know i should go to the police about this but i dont know who this could be and dont want anything happening to my girlfriend in her car. i would like to trace this car and see who the owner is or where he lives and il be able to work out if its some1 with a grudge against us? i have put his reg into an insurance quote and its a red astra estate 1997 anybody who can help me find any information i will be very greatful, thanks

Novaboi_1991
17-05-09, 01:23 AM
IIRC, you cant trace an owner of a car unless you are a previous owner of that vehicle,

id say go to the police mate,

you say your friends wer behind in another car... plenty of witnesses... could potentially get him off the road...

brainsnova
17-05-09, 01:28 AM
an old kids game hunt the **** lol

bedford8256
17-05-09, 01:33 AM
yeah id rather hunt him down than go to the police, my gf seems to think he looked quite oldish and may be pissed off that he couldnt get past her could be some uninsured pri*k or pi**ed up idiot just come out the pub. il be out in the nova tomorrow looking for him :) as i was in the fiesta and wont recognise me lol

napalm_27
17-05-09, 01:35 AM
grab your tourches and pitch forks! lol

tom reid
17-05-09, 06:12 AM
Bumshunters will ram him for you, and it won't be wet

Dod
17-05-09, 09:05 AM
I'd imagine they're joy riders mate, no one is going to get into their own car and act like that.

bedford8256
17-05-09, 09:09 AM
not even some old pissed up pr*ck ?

phazer
17-05-09, 10:05 AM
You can request the details from the DVLA if you have good cause. You appear to.

However, go to the Police, it's not worth doing anything else and in my experience they are pretty good with this sort of thing.

RJM25R
17-05-09, 10:07 AM
I can't believe that you had the guys reg number and didn't phone the police immediately. They could trace the registered keeper on the police national computer and check if it was taxed/mot'd/insured and the issue a bulletin for all cars, maybe even visit the registered address and catch the miscreamnt as well. Thats what we pay our taxes for!

You must be deluded to think that you can somehow find who owns the car. Maybe you think you're Batman or some vigilante who can right wrongs, but you ain't.

Why not just use the police, like "Normal" people would?

RJM25R
17-05-09, 10:10 AM
You can request the details from the DVLA if you have good cause. You appear to.

However, go to the Police, it's not worth doing anything else and in my experience they are pretty good with this sort of thing.

If you contact the DVLA with this kinda story, they'll refuse to give you the details and make the suggestion that you contact the police, as a criminal act "seems" to have taken place. They cannot release the details under the Data Protection laws, but they HAVE to give it to the police when investigating criminal activity, when the data protection laws are redundant.

bedford8256
17-05-09, 10:11 AM
because id rather find him and threaten him with the police until he pays for a crack in the bumper lol. i dont think im batman at all i just thought some1 might know how i can trace this guy down

RJM25R
17-05-09, 10:21 AM
because id rather find him and threaten him with the police until he pays for a crack in the bumper lol. i dont think im batman at all i just thought some1 might know how i can trace this guy down

No offence matey, but I'd rather have the guy off the road than driving around in the way you've described. Lets throw a few hypotheticals in the mix.

Lets say he was drunk, unlicenced or the car was stolen. Maybe after he "touched" your g/friends car he went on to run over a small child or someone's nan? Maybe if you'd reported him the police may have caught him? You've prob got no chance of pinning anything on him now realistically. If you report it to the police they'll have no interest now as the CPS are never gonna take it to court. Also, the ppolice will be extremely sceptical of your statement, probably thinking theat there was something fishy in you not reporting it at the time, EG drugs in the car/weapon/drink driving/bald tyre etc etc etc.

IMHO you have failed your moral obligation to report something so serious.

Rant over, flame at will.:thumb:

bedford8256
17-05-09, 10:30 AM
to be honest i was more concerned about my girlfriend getting home ok than reporting some idiot maybe he was drunk, no licence, joy riding i duno.

staggy_gsi
17-05-09, 04:21 PM
grab your tourches and pitch forks! lol

:witch:

lol sorry couldnt resist. i say find him and make sure he wont try it again tbh, police wont do sh!t about it.

RJM25R
17-05-09, 06:35 PM
to be honest i was more concerned about my girlfriend getting home ok than reporting some idiot maybe he was drunk, no licence, joy riding i duno.

Have you not got a mobile phone???

Plug
17-05-09, 06:41 PM
you was best off reporting it there and then and the police would have gone around the registered keepers address.

You could still ring them but as RJM25R said they will suspect you had something to hide at the time and will just follow it up and do nothing now.

auzzy2000
17-05-09, 06:45 PM
you not got a mate in the police!!bung him a drink to get the address!!or sit somwhere near where it happened and wait.go on the same day same time you never know it may be a regular journey

keithrg
17-05-09, 09:15 PM
Parking contractors have access to this info.
Do what I did once let the f**ker chase me into a police station lol. Had a copper on him before I got in the station then two more grabbed him.

matthew172
17-05-09, 10:06 PM
just smack his face in, big style wid a hammer

auzzy2000
17-05-09, 10:07 PM
i like that no mucking about.:-)

Twistie
18-05-09, 01:09 AM

lol get a video tho lol

draper
18-05-09, 01:12 AM
if there was you and '2 mates in a car behind him' why not just stop there and then ?

although to be fair, 1 crazy mofo agaisnt 3 internet hard guys lol

~~joycey~~
18-05-09, 01:18 AM
if there was you and '2 mates in a car behind him' why not just stop there and then ?

although to be fair, 1 crazy mofo agaisnt 3 internet hard guys lol

lol lol lol

RJM25R
18-05-09, 08:41 AM
Parking contractors have access to this info..

They technically DON'T have access to this info themselves, they get it from the DVLA and have only one or two "Liaison officers" who have to be squeaky-clean with their reasons for requesting the info. Imagine if this information was leaked somehow, and subsequently the registered keeper gets a kicking. Don't you think that there would be a link? Recording of the information divulged, for example? It could then be linked to the assault which then becomes CONSPIRACY to commit assault, assault and Data misuse under the Data Protection Act. Plus there are now at least 2 co-conspirators. Plus some fool has been posting it all on the internet about what he's gonna do to track the guy down. You do all realise, of course, that all internet chat room twittering is admissable as evidence, just like a letter? Or an e-mail?

Plus it can be a prison term for abusing the DPA.

There was a fairly large publicised court case last yer where a civilian police worker and a serving officer both got sacked for tracing someone "for a friend" and at least one of them received jail time.

:thumb:

dj_wudgey
18-05-09, 11:34 AM
f*ck that id have stoped there and then got out with my trusty old baseball bat!!!

dj_wudgey
18-05-09, 11:35 AM

this would be fun to watch lol

Andy
18-05-09, 12:05 PM
forum gangsters make me rofl
"i would do this and that" "find out where he lives"

novaguy08
18-05-09, 12:23 PM
if it were me in that car would have told missus to just stop got out the car and went mental at the ****er.......

napalm_27
18-05-09, 12:29 PM
i would have gone jackie chan on his ass

novasaloon1984
18-05-09, 01:17 PM
I'd imagine they're joy riders mate, no one is going to get into their own car and act like that.

you must never have been up my way ha ha ha

I WOULD HAVE GOT OUT A SHOUTED RANDOM WORDS AT HIM LIKE " YOU SMELL OF GOATS CHEESE"

tony k
18-05-09, 01:48 PM
cant you just do a hpi check,i know it costs money but if your that willing to find out who he is,then i would do that,i know its a pain,but the one thing you have got to look at is none of you got hurt,its mostprobably some lonely p****,got nothing better to do

novaguy08
18-05-09, 02:24 PM
HPi doesnt have the address of the owner on it.

I know i done enough of them to know lmao

keithrg
18-05-09, 11:52 PM
Was your misses in the wrong ? hogging the overtaking lane ?

bedford8256
22-05-09, 06:14 PM
no she wasnt in the wrong she pulled ahead as when he tried to overtake there was a car on the opposite side headin straight for him so she spead up so he could sneak back in behind her and when he did he nearly smashed her back end up.

on ym way home today i spotted this car and followed it in my work van i now know where this guy lives and will be popping round and seeing hes going to pay for the back bumper, if not then il be threatening him with the police.

novaguy08
22-05-09, 06:17 PM
Good boy bedford :D

However either way...... call police, if you turn up on his door step & start swinging threats then he has an application to call the police himself......... go past his house after calling the police and check his front bumper, when he comes out asking what your up to tell him, and then tell him your seeing if the damage to his car was similar to the damage to your missus's car.

bedford8256
22-05-09, 06:19 PM
im going to, im gonna drive past later on and see if its still there il go in the nova as he wont have and suspision if he sees it, he didnt get out the car when i drove past in the work van im just wondering if he got suspisious and pulled in some randomers garden thinknig he wa sgetting followed, i kept my distance though so hopefully iv got him :)

novaguy08
22-05-09, 06:31 PM
did you take his reg number down this time??

RJM25R
22-05-09, 06:38 PM
no she wasnt in the wrong she pulled ahead as when he tried to overtake there was a car on the opposite side headin straight for him so she spead up so he could sneak back in behind her and when he did he nearly smashed her back end up.

So what you mean is, She speeded up when he tried to overtake? Very different to your original story from page 1.

on my way home tonight some idiot in a red astra estate was right up my girlfriends rear bumper so she edges forward abit and its as if hes going to ram her out the way next thing hes speeding up so we go abit faster and he rams us up the rear end

bedford8256
23-05-09, 01:09 AM
i havnt changed my story at all he was right up her ar*e when he tried to over take he was about 2 smash nito an oncoming vehicle so she edged forward and he rammed into the back of her

brainsnova
23-05-09, 01:14 AM
hopefully his car is unlocked and whip his tax disc.

Pistol Pete
23-05-09, 09:04 AM
lol i can see this turning into another white yaris/numberplate thread......

bedford8256
23-05-09, 09:18 AM
whats 1 of them ????????

Pistol Pete
23-05-09, 09:19 AM
lol have a search. L33 LEG.

Done it for you...http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106406&highlight=white+yaris

auzzy-b
23-05-09, 10:54 AM
Good boy bedford :D

However either way...... call police, if you turn up on his door step & start swinging threats then he has an application to call the police himself......... go past his house after calling the police and check his front bumper, when he comes out asking what your up to tell him, and then tell him your seeing if the damage to his car was similar to the damage to your missus's car.

yea and make sure you get plenty of pictures!!
the problem is the police probably wont bat an eye lid (there to busy hiding on street corners eating subways, catching modyfied cars doing 1mph over the speed limit)!! so when you take into your own hands to solve the problem violently or not you'll probably be the one that gets shafted...so just be carefull! the systems fookedlol

bedford8256
28-05-09, 12:49 AM
iv been round tonight he denied it at 1st then said lets see the damage and partly admitted it, then he did admit it and said he would go and get me £100 when he stepped in his house his mum was on the phone to the police. he said put the phone down mum im in the wrong she shut the door.
so i waited outside until the police came had a bit of a discusion and said he can either pay or il go through his insurance 10 minutes later he paid up :) thanks for the support guys

novaguy08
29-05-09, 03:25 PM
a ton??

Ya know if ya made the complaint to the police ya had him by the short n curlies & could have taken him for triple that!!!

Mate of mine had his car reversed into & the cock that did it drove off, got caught doing it by someone & was reported, tried to by himself out of it with 50 notes and got butt ****ed for 300 cos of it!

bedford8256
30-05-09, 12:30 AM
i wasnt that bothered to be honest iv won a mint bumper on ebay £50 :)

brainsnova
30-05-09, 12:32 AM
edit: see below

brainsnova
30-05-09, 12:33 AM
£50 for the bumper and £50 for the detective work lol :thumb:

Mike
30-05-09, 02:21 PM
on my way home tonight some idiot in a red astra estate was right up my girlfriends rear bumper so she edges forward abit and its as if hes going to ram her out the way next thing hes speeding up so we go abit faster and he rams us up the rear end, luckily enought 2 of my friends happened to be behind the car and chased him and got the reg. the roads were wet as it had been heavily raining and could of easily pushed us straight of the road. we went into a roundabout quite quickly and he went a different way. i know i should go to the police about this but i dont know who this could be and dont want anything happening to my girlfriend in her car. i would like to trace this car and see who the owner is or where he lives and il be able to work out if its some1 with a grudge against us? i have put his reg into an insurance quote and its a red astra estate 1997 anybody who can help me find any information i will be very greatful, thanks

stop funking about go to the police chap, there is no legal way of obtaining a registered keepers address what so ever.