PDA

View Full Version : XE wont start

cunit
16-05-09, 05:09 PM
It turns over, I have a spark, I have fuel in the injector rail but the plugs are dry when i take them out.

so its probably the injectors not firing but im sure I can hear them click when I turn it over, is that possible or am i hearing things?

Can anyone help me:tard:

AlanH
16-05-09, 05:18 PM
have you just put engine in/been stood a while or has it been running and all of a sudden stopped? if its been stood could be that the lifters are dry, can take ages to fill up if they arent in the best cond., means jump leads, another car and spin it over for a while.

Shaun
16-05-09, 05:18 PM
are your earths on the fuel rail on properly?

cunit
16-05-09, 05:48 PM
The engine has been sitting for about 5 years (turned by hand every so often)

I took it out of the nova and then put it back in after restoring the shell. It hasn't started but ive had it turning over for a good while, 15mins in total maybe. Would that be long enough for the lifters to fill?

I've not touch the earths on the fuel rail but Ive redone/cleaned all the other ones (engine etc)

let_nova
16-05-09, 06:32 PM
just check all earths like fuel rail and onto the chassis leg. usully the main problem.

let_nova
16-05-09, 06:33 PM
power to ecu??

gaznovalet
16-05-09, 06:35 PM
undo the fuel rail complete with injectors in and still atached to loom get a mate to turn it over ,you will see if they spraying fuel into their holes on inlet manifold this will rule out or tell ya if they are working.
also are the fuel lines onto rail correct way around?

gaznovalet
16-05-09, 06:39 PM
power to ecu??
spark and fuel is a sign ecu is working:thumb:
also if car been stood for so long does it have fresh petrol in?

let_nova
16-05-09, 06:42 PM
true. if theres been fuel in the injectors etc and the engine has been stood for that length of time it would of gone like jelly...

cunit
16-05-09, 07:09 PM
Complete new fuel system installed, fresh fuel also. Do you really think the fuel left in the injectors could have turned to jelly? I didn't know that could happen. Fuel lines are on correct way, as I said there is fuel under pressure in the rail.

Ive tried disconecting the AMM to fool the ecu into limp mode to test if the Crank sensor is faulty (a trick ive read about before) but that has made no difference. Anyone heard of this before?

OK so the injector defo aint firing cos the spark plugs are bone dry.

Is it the case that if the crank sensor is ****ed I still get a spark and fuel pressure and the engine turning over but I DON'T get injectors working?

let_nova
16-05-09, 07:10 PM
pm me if you want a crank sensor.

cunit
16-05-09, 09:24 PM
Took injector rail off and they are all firing.
earths are fine.

im lost now

gazsnova
16-05-09, 10:02 PM
compression check next then, or cam timing. engines dont nees much more to work-
fuel
ignition
compression.
if youve got those and they are all to spec it should start

cunit
16-05-09, 11:11 PM
OK i'll check compression.

timing hasn't been altered since taking the engine out the car, is there any way it could have moved????