PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i dials

Shorty
29-01-03, 11:16 PM
i want to fit sr/gte dials to my 1.2i nova spin mk2, i know i need to connect the wire from the coil to get the rev counter to work, people say i need a oil-pressure sender for the oil pressure guage to work, what is it, where is it, how do i disconnect and put it on my car.

Please help :D

Aragorn
30-01-03, 01:20 PM
meh this has been over soo many times

its at the back of the engine block where the oilpump is

its just about the only thing back there with a wire going to it

u need to replace it with one from an SR/GTE and im sure they are about 80quid new from vaux

then u run the extra wire upto the dash and plug it in

mikeoxford
30-01-03, 06:33 PM
u need to replace it with one from an SR/GTE and im sure they are about 80quid new from vaux

hence why u get one from a scrapyard

James B
30-01-03, 10:37 PM
iv done this aswel, putting GSi dials in 1.2. You may also need to whack in a wire for the tachometer, i duno if 1.2i have them or not?? My 1.2 merit didnt, need to connect it to ignition coil and your away

James

Manta Mad
31-01-03, 10:55 PM
As its a MK2 Nova you have then the wiring for the rev counter is already in place in the plug in connector at the back of the dash. If you get the MK 2 SR or GSi dials, just plug in and the rev counter will work, for the oil gauge you will need the sensor for the engine and extra wiring.

I fitted the white SR dials without oil/volts to keep things simple - the oil sender is expensive new.

I do have the white dial set for sale if you are interested.