PDA

View Full Version : F Reg Vauxhall Nova 1.2

ukmercman
15-05-09, 07:52 PM
For sale: 1989 Model Year - 1990 Registered on an F (unusual in itself) Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit.

Mot November 09 and tax June 09.

I bought this car about 3 months ago for my other half as she had just passed her driving test. A mate of mine had this stashed in his garage for some time and I knew when she passed I'd be straight round there! Story is the car was a one owner for years and got put away by some old granny due to ill health, the car stayed in the garage for some time, before passing through to my friend. At this stage the car had been MOT'd and TAX'd. When I got it, it was very dirty with flat paint, the brakes were gone due to sitting so long and it was in dire need of a service. Once back to mine........I undertook the following:

Engine:
Oil & Filter, spark plugs, rocker cover gasket, air filter, fuel filter, rotor arm, dizzy cap. Also set the idle speed and mixture. Have unfitted new ignition leads & fan belt for the winning bidder. Engine starts on the button using the manual choke when needed. Little lumpy from cold but engine is smooth and quiet (ish!), goes remarkably well for a 1.2 and does about 40mpg! No leaks, rattles - very clean under the bonnet. Uses no oil or water.

Exterior:
Full cut and polish, few coats of autoglyms finest, re-blacked all exterior trim, colour coded mirrors, new number plates, new windscreen wiper blades. Body is amazingly straight and dink free. MINOR car park style dinks to bonnet (WTF) and passengers rear arch. Paint all good. No visible rust aside from a 50p patch of bubbling. All arch lips good. Panels/door fits very good - check the pics VERY clean and tidy for the age, so rare to see like this. Repainted steel wheels. New valve caps (all about the details!)

Underneath:
Lowered by 40mm all round - apex springs. Rides lovely low enough to look a little cooler, but ground clearance / ride height / drivability are the same. slightly firmer and a little flatter under breaking and cornering - convinced the other half it was an essential 'repair' due to 'fatigue' of the old springs ;-).

Also fitted brand new disks and pads up front and freshly adjusted rear drums (all in good order) and adjusted hand brake. Underneath is really clean, no rust, no rot, original paint visible - no problems looming. Exhaust in good shape.

Inside.
Entire interior removed and cleaned before refitting. Clean shiny paint on every inch of the floor and inner sills :) Manual everything, slide and tilt glass sunroof, EVERYTHING works as it should. Front/rear wash/wipe, heaters, rear heated window, fog lights, interior light, dash illumination. Under dash tray very useful. I think it’s an SR interior, neat little bucket seats and a matching 60/40 split rear. Clean carpets, no marks on trim. No holes cut! Minor wear to drivers bolster other than that perfect! Adjusted gear linkage - now perfect. blaupunkt cd player and in dash speakers.

Summary.
Very clean and tidy throughout. Cheap, retro summer fun. I drive a much bigger, faster more comfortable car myself but I have hardly let my girlfriend near it as I've had so much fun with it. It needs nothing doing and is ready to drive away in. It’s very straight and honest and draws admiring glances. Starts on the button and seems ultra reliable - I’d go anywhere in it! Reason for selling is that the other half is struggling with mastering the art of applying the choke (!) and the steering is a little heavy as she is used to power steering.

Car is in Worthing call/txt 07809 826432 to arrange viewing. Log book is with the DVLA at the moment as not had it long but due back any day. Only minor point is it will need a couple of new tyres shortly - not a big deal as they're only about £25 new! Cash on collection only. Any questions txt for prompt response.

would like 650 for it :) bargain!

right, pics:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00842.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00841.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00840.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00839.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00838.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00843.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee150/ukmercman/DSC00844.jpg

kent14sr
15-05-09, 10:34 PM
I am looking for a tidy 3dr - but £650 seems steep when a)you state in another post you paid £250 at end of April 09 b) its an F plate 1989 model year but registered 1990? I guess its an import? And if so more expensive to insure etc??? And V5 not present.

ukmercman
16-05-09, 12:18 AM
I am looking for a tidy 3dr - but £650 seems steep when a)you state in another post you paid £250 at end of April 09 b) its an F plate 1989 model year but registered 1990? I guess its an import? And if so more expensive to insure etc??? And V5 not present.

hi there,

i got it for 250 as a deal from a close mate, nothing to do with what the car was worth, or all the effort, time and money spent since.

its a uk registered car, insuarance is as it would be.....

V5 will be present by the time the car is sold!

hope this helps

Spudly
16-05-09, 04:55 AM
its an F plate 1989 model year but registered 1990? I guess its an import?

Dvla says it was reg'd 3-4-1990 this makes it a very late F plate as H reg's were after April/may iirc so its reg year is correct!

novaload1992
16-05-09, 09:20 AM
where about is worthing?

ukmercman
16-05-09, 10:14 AM
where about is worthing?

south coast, about 15 miles away from brighton.

~~joycey~~
16-05-09, 02:01 PM
Tax/mot?

ukmercman
16-05-09, 09:45 PM
Tax/mot?

D'oh.....

Mot till November 2009, Tax till June 2009

Nobby
17-05-09, 11:34 AM

Why do people always do this??? Really gets me going!! Its his car and he can ask "whatever" price he wants and what he thinks the car is valued at no matter what price he paid!!
Free bump mate real nice clean car!!:thumb:

DAFTJOHN
17-05-09, 01:28 PM
Yeah good luck with that - looks a like a good one. £650 to me looks a bargin

021-bennettt
17-05-09, 03:07 PM
This is a mint car!
Perfect car to start a project or even just put a few choice mods on it and keep it mint.
Good luck with the sale:D

vauxboi
20-05-09, 11:36 PM
Hello mate just wondering whether you have still got the nova if you have would you be willing to go £550.Cheers

vxr_racing_2008
20-05-09, 11:51 PM
:thumb:

kevster
21-05-09, 07:11 AM
i went and looked at this i think is sold as have never had a phone call back :(

MattBrown
21-05-09, 05:12 PM

Well dont buy it then:mad:

If I buy something cheap, I sell it for what I believe its worth, if he want £3000 its fine, because, as with everything, its worth what someone will pay:thumb:

kent14sr
21-05-09, 08:26 PM
Well dont buy it then:mad:

If I buy something cheap, I sell it for what I believe its worth, if he want £3000 its fine, because, as with everything, its worth what someone will pay:thumb:

Thanks for the .. advice - I asked a few questions because I was not sure about a few points

After reading he had bought it off a lady for £250 in another of his posts and by saying it was a 1989 model year but registered on an F plate in 1990 I asked regarding why. F plate was 1988/1989, G 1989/1990 so I chose not to buy it on the basis I dont understand how a car can be registered on an F plate in 1990 if its not an import. I have had difficulty insuring cars because of this in the past (more expensive because not UK registered)

nova 1.2, F reg, 3dr hatch, red. 85k. ex granny owned. paid 250 for it with T&T and just smartening it up as its my girls first car.

so far I have done, disks/pads, full engine service, full polish and interior clean.....just need some springs and wheels and its all done, I'll get some pics up this week.

right, off to the for sale/wanted section!!

It looks a good, tidy car but sadly its not for me on that basis. That is my choice.

As previous threads have mentioned, its not really in the spirit of the club to crow about how cheap you get a car and then try and sell it to fellow members a couple of weeks later for 3 times as much (almost)

The car sold on ebay as far as I know.

SRimon
21-05-09, 11:27 PM
Kent14sr

That car is worth £650 all day long, yeah he got it for £250, but he sounds like he's put a few hundred quid into it, plus his time.

I bought something the other day for £300 and sold it for a £1000. So what!?

novaowner999
22-05-09, 12:36 AM
Yeah good luck with that - looks a like a good one. £650 to me looks a bargin

this man got it in one!!!!