PDA

View Full Version : wont start??

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 03:03 PM
right i need help:confused: was welding the exhaust today,had the battery disconnected and when i was finished welding and put the battery back on i went to start the car and it wouldnt start:confused: it would turn over alright but wouldnt fire up...can anyone tell me what might be wrong??
thanks joe

GRUNT 16V
15-05-09, 03:06 PM
You Didnt Weld Up The Hole At The End Did You?????????????

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 03:09 PM
You Didnt Weld Up The Hole At The End Did You?????????????
nolol

George g
15-05-09, 03:29 PM
is it a carb model or an injection? have you blown the ecu? pretty sensitive equipment they are!

Southie
15-05-09, 03:31 PM
From your name i assume it's a 1.4 sr :roll:

Maybe you have dislodged an earth somewhere? Where abouts on the exhaust were you welding??

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 03:32 PM
is it a carb model or an injection? have you blown the ecu? pretty sensitive equipment they are!
its a carb model..ya was told the ecu might be blown by another lad:( how do i check it?sorry im new to this as its my first car..

gaznovalet
15-05-09, 03:33 PM
does the car have an alarm or imobiliser?

gaznovalet
15-05-09, 03:37 PM
and has it defo got plenty petrol in?

George g
15-05-09, 03:37 PM
its a carb model..ya was told the ecu might be blown by another lad:( how do i check it?sorry im new to this as its my first car..

are you sure its definately a carb model!? :eek: with a reply like that i would get some one to double check for you as carb models dont hve ECU's, only injection models have them... if its defiantely a carb model then it will be easier to diagnose as there are alot less electrics and minimal sensors! :thumb:

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 03:40 PM
are you sure its definately a carb model!? :eek: with a reply like that i would get some one to double check for you as carb models dont hve ECU's, only injection models have them... if its defiantely a carb model then it will be easier to diagnose as there are alot less electrics and minimal sensors! :thumb:
oh rite il get someone to double check later so..thanks for your help anyway

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 03:43 PM
From your name i assume it's a 1.4 sr :roll:

Maybe you have dislodged an earth somewhere? Where abouts on the exhaust were you welding??
yes its a 1.4sr..il check the earths so mate thanks and was welding a small bracket onta the back-box..

Southie
15-05-09, 03:46 PM
When you get to 15 posts "without spamming" get some pictures up of the engine bay. Help is in my signature.

Spudly
15-05-09, 03:49 PM
If its a 1.4SR then its definately not got an ecu, have you chaecked to make sure all of your battery connections are on correctly there are two or three on the + side!

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 03:55 PM
If its a 1.4SR then its definately not got an ecu, have you chaecked to make sure all of your battery connections are on correctly there are two or three on the + side!
wel ive been told ita a 1.4sr and ive been told its a 1.2:confused: but ya all connections are on battery correctly

Spudly
15-05-09, 03:57 PM
Pm me the reg and ill find out for you bud!

joe 1.4sr
15-05-09, 04:00 PM
Pm me the reg and ill find out for you bud!
pm"d