PDA

View Full Version : *** FAST CAR FEATURE POSS ***

Anonymous
04-12-00, 05:34 PM
Important - SCARY Steve from Fast Car has replied to a mail sent today to say that the Rolling Road Shootout sonds good. They are interested in attending. He now wants a full list of all drivers and cars. Plus a few with full tech spec lists. Help me out by jotting down your full details and posting back on this site. PS HE WANTS THESE DETAILS QUICK BEFORE THEY GET BOOKED FOR ANOTHER SHOOT. I am particularly interested in Bauers 2.5litre V6 and Ians 2.0litre as well as any other 2 litres for the full tech spec. please reply promptly.

Anonymous
04-12-00, 06:08 PM
My brothers is a 1.6 GSI (red) with K&N and boost valve. The bodywork is mint lowered 60-80 mm on Koni Adjustables with 15's, fully colour coded, delocked, laguna splitter, montery bonnet scoop, single wiper conversion mondeo roof spoiler plus lots more. Mines a 1.4sr with all the same mods except Ive got a scooby bonnet scoop and mines white.
I'll have a word with two of my m8's who have got 2.0L 16v novas with similar mods and see if there interested in going but its just were in berks (nr Windsor) and manchesters a bit of a trek but if Max Power are there and It'd get good coverage its worth our while coming up.

Anonymous
04-12-00, 06:36 PM
1.2 Bad boy here bb2, and weber filter, flies, would be interested in coming, but if its fast car then they might be a bit piccy so i'll come & watch !!!!!!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 06:39 PM
I'm up 4 that i,ve got a 1.4 Sri with K&N 57i inducion kit, peco powermaster exhaust, and Bosch super 4 plugs. Can keep up with GTE's!!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 06:41 PM
I'm up 4 that i,ve got a 1.4 Sri with K&N 57i inducion kit, peco powermaster exhaust, and Bosch super 4 plugs. Can keep up with GTE's!!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 07:27 PM
I`m new to the Novaload site, but I have been reading in silence for some time now. I am really keen on the shoot out. I`ve got a facelift 1991 Nova SR in white that I bought in standard trim 2 weeks ago. Heres how far I`ve got;
Tech spec-
Engine: 1389cc 8v OHC. Rebuilt engine (painted block black and cleaned top end) with Blydenstein B pack polished ported and big valve head. Courtenay high torque cam, Weber twin 40DCOE`s with no filters. Magnex stainless 4branch manifold and system. Bosch super four plugs and new std ignition system. Mobil 1 oil.
Transmission: Standard 5speed.
Suspension: Avo sport adjustable dampers with Chassis Dynamics springs all round. Jamex polished front strut brace and Courtenay custom made rear strut brace.
Brakes: Cavalier GSi front calipers with Tarox G88 40 groove 256mm disks and ATE fast road pads. Standard rear.
Rims and Rubber:
15" Compomotive MO`s in anthracite. 185/55/15 Toyo Proxie T1`s.
Exterior: Std - Mods on the way - Bit skint after the above. Should have some around Xmas.
Interior: Stripped out rear. Leather gear gaitor. GSi clocks.
Are you interested?

Anonymous
04-12-00, 08:21 PM
Yeah i'll be up for that, needs a test for bhp not been done since engine went in.
Not typing out full spec can't be arsed, and not enough room, basics 180bhp 2.0 16v, 17s, kit, leather.(get it off feature cars if u need it) they know the spec of mine anyway, featuring it in future(silko knows the car if they ask)
Jimbo off here has a vlaver too and chris tunnicliffe has a 2.0 8v, (but why is it just 2.0s u want?, they should have a mixture) And if this is a novaload rolling road thing why ask people who dont bother to use the site?

Anonymous
04-12-00, 09:14 PM
1.3SR K&N Air filter, BB2, lowered 45mm, 15" alloys, novadose front end, black roof, Full GTE spec, Not been tested at all yet, but I'm really interested in the shoot out if you guys want a slower car to attent?!
Let us know where it will be held, and the dates, if I can make it then definatly count me in!
Cheerz - Cris.G

Anonymous
04-12-00, 09:18 PM
im interested
depends how far and when and if ive still got my car
the car is in the feature section and im sure it could put some surprisingly good times in. of course its not in the same competition as the big valvers (ians) and the heavily modded ones but im sure my little pony will do me proud
more information required b4 i put my head on the block,
im up for a laugh
get back to me

elg

Anonymous
04-12-00, 09:49 PM
elgan how you gonna gwet your car there?

you under age

cheers davo

Anonymous
04-12-00, 10:34 PM
Hi,
Posted message earlier, and I agree with some of the comments. Even though it should be a fair representation of motors, I think FC (unlike Revs and Redline)will only be interested in big engines and bodykits and perfect paint jobs. I also agree that devoted members should be the lucky 25 as it is a Novaload shoot out. I`m quite happy to just come and watch and get the chance to meet other Nova drivers.

Anonymous
04-12-00, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I'm up for a giggle with me little tin can rattler -
B-reg canary yellow sr lowered 50mm, PMC twin 76mm outlet 2" straight thru exhaust to downpipe, K+N, 14's astra hot cross bun alloys

Anonymous
05-12-00, 04:10 AM
if i can be arsed to get the car ready..i could be intrested..2litre 8v twin webber 45s'ashley competition 4into1 manifold'jetex system
not listing everything..my mom wont letme ..so check out my car on updated sites..
laters!

Anonymous
05-12-00, 08:38 AM
Me and my brother are also interested, live in Leeds so its not too far away. At the moment the car is a black '91 1.4 Sr with K&N filter and Janspeed zorst, lowered, delocked, splitter, single wiper, bee sting aerial, fox 6 alloys etc. However, we should be purchasing a '93 GSi in the middle of January and should have about ?800 to spend on engine tuning.
About when would the event be held? Would be good to compare bhp's with other fellow nova drivers.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 08:54 AM
I would be interested if get the car MOT'd before then, I am from Leeds and have a 2.0 8v with cage, buckets, harnesses etc. See featured cars section Paul Jackson 2.0 8v SR.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 10:36 AM
Sounds Good. Mine will be on the featured cars when the site is updated, I can't be bothered to type it all out.

When is this looking to take place and where??

Anonymous
05-12-00, 11:27 AM
Fast Car???!!! You do know that they write dick all about performance stats? They're about the worst at leaving all the interesting stuff out about how the cars actually drive and perform. Like the idea of a dyno shoot out but doubt they'll do you justice lads.
(1.4 Sr with 1.6 implant plus twin 40's)

Anonymous
05-12-00, 11:36 AM
Sorry - maybe i didn't make this as clear as i could of but this is an open invitation for any www.novaload.net users to bring their Nova's. Priority will be given to the users of the site before anyone's mates. I asked about 2.0 litres because i wanted to know how many there would be, as i feel this will have a bearing on wether Fast Car turn up or not, but i'm sure they will want a range as well as the valvers. So the invitation is open to any member of the novaload site, no matter what size engine you've got or how old your car is. Hope you didn't take any of this the wrong way but i think it's only fair that the members are given priority over members mates no matter what car they have. If they want to become members then, why don't they use the site, the more the merrier (spelling !!?!!)
Hope that clears a few things up.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 11:56 AM
Depends where it's gonna be but I mite be up for it.I've got a J plate Sri with piper high lift cam k+n and a peco exhorst.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 12:05 PM
COUNT ME IN!!!!!!
i have a H REG 1.4SR
full magnex exhaust
K&N,bosch super 4's
15"TSW ALPINES
GSI front bumper, bee sting, astra clear side repeaters, novatech fuel cap, sparco strut brace, spax suspension,laguna splitter,loads of interior mods!

Anonymous
05-12-00, 12:57 PM
I'm interested!!!
I have a Nova GSi,
K&N 57i induction kit
fast road cam(of unknown make, in car when I got it)
Janspeed exhaust
15" ATP Viper Alloys
lowered 35mm all round
Astra GSi front brakes
clear oval indicators
rear headrests
Momo Champion steering wheel(not fitted yet).
I would love to come down and watch even if I don't get to use the rolling road. I can email a picture of my car if required and you can email with with details of where it is.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 02:34 PM
I'm up for it. I have a J reg 1.4 SR, custom made exhaust, K&N Air filter, Bosch super 4's and Bosch performance leads, 15" Smith multi-spokes, 60mm drop at front.
I need to know when it is though cause it's getting sprayed and having lots of goodies added to the bodywork.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 07:40 PM
I'll go if I f'ing have to!!

GSI bare shell rebuild, 2L16V wid oil leaks etc!!
seam welded lowered 50mm 16" monza's blah, blah, poly bushes uprated wishbones, blah, blah digi clocks,blah, blah
Last time I got it R'ing R'ed It got that hot that it burned the paint off the exhaust.....including the tail pipe and burned through the exhaust rubbers, Blimey!

I'll ask Barnes everyones favorite chap as his Is quick as feck for a 1.6 more bhp than my 2L allegedey!!!

Jimbo,

when and where by the way!

Anonymous
05-12-00, 09:10 PM
I'll be very willing, if you require a sidate and GTE with Standard engine to compare the big motas to I'll be very happy to come along, even if i can't get on the rolling road i would still like to come along anyway, and I've been on the site for ages so that might be work something?

Cheers

Anonymous
05-12-00, 10:22 PM
1.2i novadosed, -45mm, single wiper, 15" league-37's, digi dash, etc, pipercross induction kit, piper exhaust system

Anonymous
05-12-00, 11:16 PM
hopefully be alrite but shes runnin like a dog this week.
month or so to fix her though. i'll get out the visa and the hammer.
1.4sr see the features-more done to it but couldnt be f..ked typin.