PDA

View Full Version : avo rear coilovers

Shaun
15-05-09, 11:02 AM
I bought these avo rear coilovers from a lad on here a few months ago, and have been using them on my corsa with no problems.

Im getting a nova in the next few weeks, and when i collect it i need to fit my own suspension to it so i need to know a few things:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/NovaGSi-WIP_pics/workinprogress058.jpg

the black bit in the picture, has that been modified or is that a standard nova inner arch?

do i need to modify the turrett to fit them?

Cheers guys
Shaun

craig green
15-05-09, 12:14 PM
It's a custom turret. They should go on with a whack to the inner arch with a mallet. My car had turrets due to excessive rust on the chassis legs, plus I like proper mods, so not essential but preferable in my opinion.

Shaun
15-05-09, 12:15 PM
ah ok cheers craig

the inside of the nova im getting has just been repainted so dont want to cut it up if i can avoid it, but i see where your coming from.

hmm what to do..

craig green
15-05-09, 12:17 PM
Just give anything that fouls a clout. On some cars they do clear. It's down to the slack tolerances from the factory.

Shaun
15-05-09, 12:18 PM
lol ok mate ideal

Will it handle better with them on?

only had them on the corsa for a week and was running the engine in so couldnt push the car

craig green
15-05-09, 12:21 PM
Depends on your driving style or local roads etc I guess.
Compared to std shocks though the car should be far more stable. People under estimate what effect stiff rear spring/shocks have on the whole car under cornering.

Shaun
15-05-09, 12:23 PM
Sounds good to me, want to use it on track so seems keeping them is the sensible option.

Whats happening with your nova now craig?

Adam
15-05-09, 08:47 PM
I had to hammer my inner arches slightly to get mine to fit. But they are so much stiffer/better than normal lowering springs....