PDA

View Full Version : Strange idle/revs c20xe

ST-eater
14-05-09, 08:45 PM
HI all, having problems with my xe....

Its seems to idle fine when started up, and then when the revs pass 2-3k and i drop the clutch the revs stick high... so sitting at traffic lights i can be idling at 2000rpm... the only way i can get the revs down is to have foot on the brake at the lights and pulling the clutch up in gear... which is obviously not a great idea..

Anyone had a similar prob? The engine is very slow to come down the revs... but doesnt idle up and down like an ICV problem

I have replaced the icv, new plugs, new dizzy cap and arm, coolant sensor, and still no luck...

Any ideas?

Also when the engine does work, the idle is around 1000rpm which seems a tad too high..

let_nova
14-05-09, 09:07 PM
was the icv a known working one you used?

Jeff16v
14-05-09, 09:26 PM
i would get the multimeter out and start checking for breaks between the engine sensors and the ecu. Keith Robinson has a similar prob and it was something to do with a break from the throttle position sensor.

gaznovalet
14-05-09, 10:59 PM
check the pipes to icv as sumtimes if idle valves have gone faulty its down to oil spitting back and causing them to stick and the pipe perishes and go soft and sumtimes sucks in at low rev causing dodgy idle cud be linked to your brake vacuum aiding this aswell, also check as said tps and afm and plugs and wiring to them, xe dodgy idling is a common fault i changed evrythn on a mates cav gsi once and nothing fixed it until changed the full loom and ecu.

ST-eater
15-05-09, 03:14 PM
check the pipes to icv as sumtimes if idle valves have gone faulty its down to oil spitting back and causing them to stick and the pipe perishes and go soft and sumtimes sucks in at low rev causing dodgy idle cud be linked to your brake vacuum aiding this aswell, also check as said tps and afm and plugs and wiring to them, xe dodgy idling is a common fault i changed evrythn on a mates cav gsi once and nothing fixed it until changed the full loom and ecu.

The ICV was replaced as it was the suspected fault, yet upon removing the ICV it seemed clean and working,... but i replaced it with a new one anyway.
I will check the wiring, and get a replacement MAF and TPS.

When you say break vacuum, do you mean there could possibly be a leak between the servo and the part where it connects to the engine?