PDA

View Full Version : Nova Haynes manual in PDF

Southie
14-05-09, 07:19 PM
Right I'm contemplating scanning the haynes manual in and making it into PDF format, so if your working on your car you can print a page out, if your book is knackered and oiled up.

Obviously the majority of engines won't now be in the nova manual but some will lol

Comments :)

General Baxter
14-05-09, 07:20 PM
lol who needs one to take a nova to bits lol

AlexW
14-05-09, 07:27 PM
Ive thought it being a good idea, but copyright would be an issue i think?

Southie
14-05-09, 07:27 PM
Yeah I know the majority will know nova's inside out. I'm sure on the odd occassion someones been sat at there computer and wanted to have a look for something in a haynes ;)

Ideal for new owners of nova's IMO.

AlexW
14-05-09, 07:29 PM
Have more than 1 manual, i have 4 i think lol

Southie
14-05-09, 07:31 PM
Ive thought it being a good idea, but copyright would be an issue i think?
Thing is we all own a copy (well most of us have more than 1) so it could be classed as a backup copy. It's only like photocopying it and giving your mate a page for reference on something. lol

AlexW
14-05-09, 07:32 PM
Do it and see if theres a need for it, just do it for a small section or whatever.

Southie
14-05-09, 07:35 PM
Mmm I think I'm just going to do all the book lol

Jack
14-05-09, 07:39 PM
Thing is we all own a copy (well most of us have more than 1) so it could be classed as a backup copy. It's only like photocopying it and giving your mate a page for reference on something. lol
Tell that to the lawyers!

Unfortunately from a club perspective we have to discourage this as it does constitute copyright infringement.

NovaBoi92
14-05-09, 07:52 PM
Tell that to the lawyers!

Unfortunately from a club perspective we have to discourage this as it does constitute copyright infringement.

:( this would have been a good idea, brilliant to be made into a sticky or something :D

George g
14-05-09, 08:01 PM
do it, then send a copy to haynes and tell them that you thought it would be a good idea! see what they think!

mowgli
14-05-09, 09:06 PM
if you want to scan in 300 odd pages, then go ahead, just be careful where you post it up.........

Jack
14-05-09, 10:21 PM
do it, then send a copy to haynes and tell them that you thought it would be a good idea! see what they think!
They'd probably get the lawyers out, as people already do PDF copies of haynes, which they're none to pleased about.

And seen as I'm the closest member to them, I don't want them knocking on my door lol

mowgli
14-05-09, 10:52 PM
i have got the greatest mental picture of mr haynes & 2 yokel heavies, pulling up in a stretched combine harvester & knocking on your door.

'let us in mr razorjack'

'sod off I bought a watchtower last time'

'we aren't jehovas witnesses, we didn't even know he had an accident... we are here to chuck turnips at you for photocopying one of our old books onto a compooter'