PDA

View Full Version : X16XE Running problems.

Dod
14-05-09, 04:00 PM
It idles fine, I've the exhaust on as far as the Back Box, but very odd time it seems to back fire. When giving it full rev from idle it reaches a certain rev and starts reving, stopping, reving, stopping, reving, stoping etc. I took it for a spin and it seemed like it was driving in 3rd when driving in first, very sluggish but getting there eventually until again, it reaches the reving, stop, point. The EML light is on, but I cant find the diagnostic plug to paper clip test it. Anyone got any ideas?

phazer
14-05-09, 04:02 PM
MAP sensor? - either vacuum hoses or wiring. Unlikely sensor itself has failed.

Assuming it doesn't feel like a rev limiter then crank sensor is probably ok.

Dod
14-05-09, 04:08 PM
It almost does feel like its limiting, and its showing the EML which I assume should indicate Sensor failure?

As for the Vacume pipes, there are only 3 and as far as I remember, they're all connected properly going by a previous thread.

2 of these come from a small valve on the right beside the dispac and the third is FPR to the inlet. Both the other 2 Vacumes go to the inlet as well iirc.

Southie
14-05-09, 04:13 PM
Is the Lambda sensor fitted? Front of exhaust manifold into the wiring loom next to the fan. Should be a single wire on yours.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/Picture052-1.jpg

General Baxter
14-05-09, 04:14 PM
mine back fires, and shoots flames, lol

Dod
14-05-09, 04:18 PM
NBC, its hooked up arlight. Where is the Diagnostics plug on them, is it in the Fuse Box? Mine is in a Corsa (origionally a 1200).

Southie
14-05-09, 04:28 PM
NBC, its hooked up arlight. Where is the Diagnostics plug on them, is it in the Fuse Box? Mine is in a Corsa (origionally a 1200).
The plug should be a little black plug on the same loom as the ecu from the X16xe iirc. You should be able to flash the codes up though the same as the nova. Put yellow and brown to flash fault codes.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/Engineconversionwiring.jpg

valvercorsa
14-05-09, 04:51 PM
nice diagram and yeah mate thats same :)

Dod
14-05-09, 06:05 PM
So just snip and earth it and thats that?

General Baxter
14-05-09, 06:14 PM
sounds like the VSS :)

Dod
14-05-09, 07:25 PM
How so? Actually, I wonder if it actually has one, since the engine came from a GSI, its possibly Clock mounted whereas my car origionally had it gearbox mounted.

Adam
14-05-09, 10:43 PM
Sounds crank/cam sensor related to me

Dod
14-05-09, 11:30 PM
I'm gonna look at the VSS tomorrow and see whats happening there, failing that, I'll flash the codes and see what that says. The engine did run A1 before it was fitted but it has lay for a year or more.