PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 wiring (again)

locky
29-01-03, 05:52 PM
Just checking i got this right b4 i star 2 moro(havin probs sleepin-xcited!)
Rite,
I have a loom of wire goin into a black connector block.
I dont have the other half, its on the donor car, so is this correct?

Red - ignition/injection +ve
Green, - the ignition coil
Blue - fuel pump
Black - ?
Also, the fuel pump, blue on 1 side, where does the wire go on the other side? is it an earth?

More q's 2 come........
Thanx in hand

Dicko
29-01-03, 05:55 PM
thin black is switched live off ignition.

u say fuel pump is blue? it shud b blue/red. just wire the -ve conector of the fuel pump onto an earth

locky
29-01-03, 06:20 PM
Cheers Dicko!
Rite, i was assuming the blue wire was for the fuel pump, wot else does a plain blue wire go 2?

Also, the oil pressure sensor/warning light, does it have some sort of cut out if the oil gets 2 hot?

Dicko
29-01-03, 06:30 PM
oil too hot? lol wtf

erm, is this on the engine loom now or the car loom?

blue is usualy the coolant temp

locky
29-01-03, 06:56 PM
Iwas asked in work weather the oil sensor had a cut out, must have been havin a laff on my behalf!

Thanx again!

Dicko
29-01-03, 07:17 PM
well in pressure maybe but why would a pressure sensor have a temp cutoff lol
some are variable and some have a cutoff. with the cutoff they just say whe the pressure is low. the varialble display the actual pressure all the time.

locky
29-01-03, 08:44 PM
Ah i see, cheers m8!

locky
30-01-03, 06:33 PM
Also i have no wire for a fuel pump as the lump thats in ther is a carbed with no electric pump, so do i just run a wire to the pump, wot does it connect to then? the ignition coil?
Thanx in hand!

Aragorn
30-01-03, 07:53 PM
u need a fuel pump relay and holder (get one outta a 1.2i from the scrapyard) or get any generic switching relay

the relay needs a 12v feed (best if its ignition switched) and a ground, then the input to the coil and the output to the pump

the lead off the loom for the engine is the INPUT to the relay

dont ask me colors cos i dunno :D

locky
30-01-03, 09:50 PM
Cheers m8!il sort it all 2moro!

Dicko
31-01-03, 12:30 AM
the GTE loom should have the realay built in, and the wire to the pump is on that big wiring conector for the loom. Run some good quality 20amp(ish) wire to the +ve on the fuel pump (i did mine along the sill then made asmall hole in my boot floor). the -ve can just be wired to any earth conection