PDA

View Full Version : fitting weber 32/34

ade
29-01-03, 01:32 PM
Had my 1.4 engine for a week or so now and (except high idle) running sweet.

Been recommended to change standard carb for weber 32/34. Not interested in anything bigger just yet (thats for the next prioject :twisted: ).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend agerage costs for a weber 32/34 carb (either new or 2nd hand), what should you look out for in a 2nd hand unit, what else will I need to fit it and is there a guide anywhere?

Engines a 1.4 carbbed version at the mo.

Ade

snapper
29-01-03, 03:48 PM
alright ade, i'm going to do the same to my brand new 1400 sr! i was looking on carburettors.co.uk (or something like that) and they had the weber 32/34 dmtl for ?108 or so second hand/reconditioned.

i think you need an adaptor plate as well? anyone know where to get one from?

Dicko
29-01-03, 04:27 PM
you can get an adaptor ye. if not the manifold to suit them is like ?110.
i sold my 32/34 with pipercross filter for ?70 2 years ago

there like ?200 new

Aragorn
29-01-03, 05:04 PM
ade - if u were ever on MSN then you'd get a lot of info a LOT faster

for example

mike oxford has a weber 32/34 and a ported 1400 manifold as well as a k&n and all the fixings that i was going to buy from him

ive now decided to keep the injection and tune that so im guessing mike will be happy to sell u the weber

as for the price i wouldnt wanna say, the price he gave me was for the entire engine - i only want the tranny and cam and housing now - im sure it will work out better for him in the end either way :D

the moral is - Get on MSN!!!!

nova dosed
29-01-03, 06:56 PM
Prices for the carbs are as follows ( i know this as im after 1)

Right brand new is ?219 thats if u give em ur old carbas well but be aware there hard to find brand new.

Second hand depending on milage shud be around the price of ?70 - ?110 thats what ive seen em goin for thats with manifold and maybe performance air filter if ur lucky.

ade
29-01-03, 07:30 PM
cheers guys,

lol aragorn - your right - need to use msn however whenever I log on its usually for a quick check of stuff and I always get sucked in to amassive conversation (and then get beaten up by the wife who becomes a computer widow!). :(

Need to balance home and nova ( computer ) time better.

Ade

:roll:

nova dosed
29-01-03, 07:43 PM
if ade dont want the webber carb ill be interested send me the price and info any1 interested my msn is novajon@hotmail.com im on most nights if not just leave me a message (as me comp is always d/l off the net so it may look like im there when im not)

ta

jettasrfab
29-01-03, 09:12 PM
go to the scrappy and look for a fiesta xr2 i tihnk they had webers on them, 32/34 dtmls as well then buy or have a adaptor made

mrtim
29-01-03, 11:43 PM
Xr2 carb is slightly different and I think needs a different throttle cable.
Needs the same 3 stud to 4 stud adapter tho.

Buy one of ebay. So much cheaper. Then rebuild it.
Hell if it doesnt work buy another one, still probably get them for around ?25 to ?30 each if you look hard enough and arent in a hurry.

If you look at the money for new prices, you're not far off the money of a second hand set of 40s. I know what I'd rather spend the money on.

nova dosed
30-01-03, 12:43 AM
i see what ur saying BUT twin 40's use to much fuel for my needs i want a car not a space shuttle lol.

Ill bide my time till i find a webber 32/34 dtml

rgv_stu
30-01-03, 10:23 AM
well when i buy webers i only pay ?10 - ?20

the xr2 weber is loads different and aint as big

weber adapter plate is ?30 from weber.

the standard airfilter wont fit properly as the carb is taller and will most probably foul on the bonnet.

buy one secondhand as they are lots cheaper and the only thing that really wears on a weber is the throttle spindle

i bought 1 for ?10 last month in mint condition - genuine 32/34 dmtl

they seem to go for a lot of money on here , but keep your eyes open and you will find 1 cheap.

snapper
30-01-03, 10:49 AM
yeh, i seem to remember colin (the novarally guy) selling a 32/34 with adaptor on here for ?50 or so a while back.

mikeoxford
30-01-03, 11:11 AM
drop us an email ade mate!

i bin away for a few days but im back now :twisted:

if aragorn ent interested, lad round here by the name of rob maybe, but first come first served TBO

i removed everything from a 1400 8v engine, so theres nothing you will need that i aint got, in fact, (although i just thought where u lived :roll: ) id fit it all etc for ya!

Aragorn
30-01-03, 01:25 PM
hey - im still after the tranny and cam :P

just gonna keep the injection so i dont need the carb and i want a 1300 or 1200 head so the head aint no use either :D