PDA

View Full Version : Headrest guides for conversion!

kingrob
29-01-03, 10:11 AM
2 days ago i went down the local vauxhall camden place and tried to order some black nova gsi headrest guides for a conversion i am planning to do, but they had apparently stopped making the ones with the release buttons so i ordered just ones without it. Went there today to pick them up and they have completly stopped making nova gsi headrest guides altogether both in the Uk and Germany. Just wondering if u guys knew that?

Then asked the bloke if astra ones would work but he didnt know, so just wondering if any1 knows if the astra guides would do the trick?

whitey
29-01-03, 10:28 AM
New to me! I brought some a few months ago, the grey ones! Someone will have the part numbers somewhere!

My money is on it that if you go back with the part numbers, they will be there!

Whites

kingrob
29-01-03, 10:58 AM
Yeah they still do the grey ones but as i have gsi interior i will be wanting black ones to match. But they apparently dont do black ones no more.

Anton
29-01-03, 05:04 PM
buy grey and spray them black

Freak
29-01-03, 06:38 PM
They dont do the black ones anymore (not the part number i used anyway)

Get sum from a cav mk3.....get them from the front seats. NON recaro/non sports seats are the ones you require....

Or get some grey ones (?1.25 each) and spray them black.... :o hmm

kingrob
29-01-03, 07:10 PM
Cant say im too keen on spraying grey ones black, wont be the same.

Anton
29-01-03, 07:12 PM
you will only see the tops though, so it won't be that noticeable

kingrob
29-01-03, 07:17 PM
Guess so, but once they are in say the paint starts coming off?? cant exactly keep taking them out and re-spraying them

locky
29-01-03, 08:49 PM
Prep n paint em properly the paint wont come off!

ade
30-01-03, 12:25 PM
I agree with locky - your hardly gonna be removing and fitting them all the time and unless youve got annoying kids they aint gona be picked at.

All you need to do it use Plasticote paint (B&Q) or standard Matt spray paint - make sure you use a plastic primer 1st though.

Ade

novax
31-01-03, 02:43 PM
Right then..... This is one of my pet hates! :lol: Every guide I've read for this gives the wrong part number.... I've seen cars with conversions and the sleeves sit 5mm proud of the seat, not very good. The ones you need to do the job properly are 90202996 (Cavalier Mk2 hatchback) they sit snuggly into the top of the seat. These don't have the button though as they are proper rear inserts not fronts put in the rear, you'll need 90104560 x4 spring clips to hold them up.

It will cost you about ?12.50 in total.

kingrob
01-02-03, 12:03 PM
Cheers I'll go and check it out.