PDA

View Full Version : corsa c cd player packed in any help?

gaznovalet
12-05-09, 04:42 PM
the missuses corsa c decided the cd player didnt want to work any more it just packed in and gave up the ghost and hasnt worked since. the car is still under the 3 year warranty so she rang up vauxhall who over the phone assumed she had put 2 cds in and wud be £25 to fix if that was the case, failing it being that wich it clearly isnt with car being under warranty if cd player cud not be fixed they wud replace it under the warranty wich we thought was good of them, got car booked in for yesterday and had to leave it with them. . .before we got back home literally under 2 miles from patricks of durham they had rang up and said it was a fuse and wil be £25 charge, i told them no way paying £25 for a fuse and the woman said she will ring us back, ten minutes later she did and said we now owed them £25 for the technicians charge of looking at it? wtf??? so at 1st they were going to fix it under warranty then 3 times they tried get £25 quid out of us for 3 diffrent things, to cut a long story short we picked car up still no cd player working.
the cd player is standard vauxhall cd30, before it went in i did obvious and checked all fuses under bonnet and the fuse in back of unit and all were ok, i also had electrical tester onto the plug and it has power going to it but still the unit wont work, to me its packed in and after reading upon internet seems its a common problem. just wondering if anybody had acounterd his problem and how it was resolved? and as for customer care from vauxhall non existant:wtf: springs to mind as they didnt want to fix my girlfrends car even though its under warranty. she is goin into hospital tomorow and id like to try get car fixed now on my own accord for her, any help or advice gratefully appreciated.:thumb:

Sloth
12-05-09, 04:46 PM
ITS UNDER WARRANTY. TAKE IT BACK, GIVE EM THE KEYS AND TELL EM TO FIX IT. A CALL TO VAUXHALL CUSTOMER SERVICES MAY HELP.

edit; sorry for caps...

Southie
12-05-09, 04:58 PM
ITS UNDER WARRANTY. TAKE IT BACK, GIVE EM THE KEYS AND TELL EM TO FIX IT. A CALL TO VAUXHALL CUSTOMER SERVICES MAY HELP.

He's not deaf sloth. No need to shout at the man. lol

gaznovalet
12-05-09, 06:03 PM
lol, a will sort it on my own accord after all its only a vauxhall, bit more complicated than a nova though. got a freind who has same car with same cd unit cud possibly try but i have heard you need the clock display aswell for them to work and even may need tech 2 to code it into the car to function properly? wether true or not im not sure as have never messed on with corsa c before.

Dave.
12-05-09, 06:24 PM
just go into halfords and get a cheap £30 cd player, their mega cheap atm, few good ones too :thumb:

Sloth
12-05-09, 06:39 PM
lol, a will sort it on my own accord after all its only a vauxhall, bit more complicated than a nova though. got a freind who has same car with same cd unit cud possibly try but i have heard you need the clock display aswell for them to work and even may need tech 2 to code it into the car to function properly? wether true or not im not sure as have never messed on with corsa c before.

you dont need the clock, and the later ones do need coding to the ecu mate. vaux charge £75 for the honour iirc.;)

nbc, i didnt mean to shout....:thumb:

gaznovalet
12-05-09, 08:49 PM
thanks for that i will sort it one way or the other for her as she likes her music.

Asa-James
12-05-09, 11:31 PM
if its still under warranty then take it back, its their duty to sort it if it doesnt work. like sloth said, if they get narky about it put a complaint in to customer services. and dont forget to mention when you take it in that you have heard its a common problem. if they say its fixed, ask for the service manager to come out to your car in the carpark while you test it...

Pistol Pete
12-05-09, 11:37 PM
If it is still under warranty take it back. If they refuse ask why and take it higher.

phazer
13-05-09, 06:16 PM
you dont need the clock, and the later ones do need coding to the ecu mate. vaux charge £75 for the honour iirc.;)

nbc, i didnt mean to shout....:thumb:

Yeah they can only do that if it's been 'divorced' from the donor car, kerching! Cheaper to buy aftermarket.

OP: Can you go to another dealer? Some are really crappy at warranty claims as they have to stand the money until Vauxhall confirm they'll pay out. Vx customer care are a waste of space too IME.