PDA

View Full Version : New Interior Mod!

Tazzy
29-01-03, 02:35 AM
A fridge!

it was my birthday yesderday, and for my birthday from my loving, sweet, adorable girlfriend, she got me a mini in-car fridge/heater (as well as the big brovaz album!)

ive wanted one for yrs, but last year at max power live, when i saw that phat Nova with the fridge under the dash and the water despensor behind the seats, it did it for me, anyway, im not sure where to put it!

1) under the dash on the passenger side, but that means no leg room for the passenger, unless i take the seat out - dont think so!

2) but it in the boot next to the 12' sub, but them no place to put the amp and im concerned about the temperatures, also, i wont be able to open the fridge door to get to my cold red bull to keep me awake at 2 oclock in the morning when cruising!

3) take out the rear seat and parcel shelf, false floor it, stick the friedge just behind the front seats and buy another sub, but the gf wont let me!

also, the wiring, it plugs into the ciggy lighter, but im already using that for the fone charger and interior spot lights! i was wondering if it was possible to wire it to the loom and keep the firdge constantly on?

cherez!

(these fridges are better than NOS or four 12' subs!) :D

whitey
29-01-03, 10:21 AM
I'm not gonna comment on where to put it!

Keeping it on won't do the battery too many favours I don't rekon and would you really want a fridge doing its stuff in your motor whilst you aint there?! :twisted:

As you hardwiring it, this is easy!

Just find a live which is permanent near to where you want to use it, there is loads by the passengers seat - eg, you could use the fag lighter again, stereo etc etc.

Just wire it into the live by cutting the live and then reattaching it with the wire in the middle. Use solder and heat shrink if you can and use a switch to turn the fukka on and off! Cheap little one from maplin will do! Just attach it inline AFTER the connection to the live wire.
(Otherwise you will turn on and off the other item connected somewhere with the switch at the same time.)

Seems complicated but it aint.

As for the negative, this can goto another neg or any part of the cars chassis which is bare.

Have Fun!!

Whites :twisted:

Tazzy
29-01-03, 10:58 PM
Well ive looked ot see where i can put it, i could put it under the dash but id have to cut the shlf away, but id prefer to put it on the boot, its does fit perfect and the door opens all the way, its a perfect fit, but im worried about the magnets from the 6x9s interfering with the fridge motor? will they?

ok, with the battery, i thought about fitting a switch in the dash so i can turn it on and off when i feel like, although if it was on whilst the car isnt being used, it could keep my red bull cold!

i was thinking of cutting of cutting of the ciggy lighter adaptor and wiring it to the main loom, buts i spose it depends where i put it!

lol, and er, ive never used a solder before, and er, what is heat shrink?

Cheerz!

Pan@SW-CC
29-01-03, 11:37 PM
Aww...I was expecting a post along the lines of the 'Egg Shell' Mod...as described in another post :)

...I love the 'My mates Fag Blim holes in my GSi Seats' Look!

Tazzy
30-01-03, 01:10 AM
lol, i dont know why im putting a fridge in my car, i wont allow any food, drink or smoking in the car!

but if im going to put the fridge in the boot (on false floor!) how will i over come the problem with the speaker magents, and how will i be able to wire up a switch in the dash?

cheerz!

ade
30-01-03, 12:32 PM
sorry m8 - its been done...

There was a nova at trax this year with a fridge in the front passenger footwell - also had a small water drinking bottle fountain in the rear!

Looked weird but funky.

Fridge was full of beer!

Naughty

:twisted:

wisewood
30-01-03, 12:34 PM
A fridge!

ive wanted one for yrs, but last year at max power live, when i saw that phat Nova with the fridge under the dash and the water despensor behind the seats, it did it for me, anyway, im not sure where to put it!

he knows ade he saw it :lol:

?Marty?
30-01-03, 12:36 PM
Yeah it was Lancys.

I think it's stupid. Well, it's a GREAT idea. But in a limo or a big Merc and etc. NOT a Nova.

But i'd draw the limit at that. A water cooler? Whaaaaaaateeeeveeeeer. :roll:

ade
30-01-03, 12:45 PM
oops :oops: oops

helps if you read fully 1st - I just fast read it - have a habit of doing that!

lol

wisewood
30-01-03, 02:30 PM
i've noticed ade :D

Ben (lurk75)
30-01-03, 02:36 PM
I suppose its to hard to stop and buy a cold drink in a shop?

Tazzy
31-01-03, 10:15 AM
lol, ya know what its like, your cruising at 2 oclock in the morning, and falling asleep, but your mates, etc still want you to drive, you need a stimulant, a bj off the missus wont work, lol, so you look to the red bull, and she says no, so you need a can of the finest can of Red Bull stimulant to kep you awake that little bit longer! lol

i still have no idea how im going to put the fridge in the boot, with a switch in the dash to turn it on and off when i like and im still unsure about the speaker magnets effecting the fridge motor!

Aragorn
31-01-03, 02:40 PM
aah idea

ive got a mini fridge here

its the kinda style of the big US fridges andd takes both mains and 12vdc

it fits 8 standard drinks cans

now the cool bit and the bit that applys to u

is that it doesnt use a normal pump - it uses a peltier "heat pump" which is a thermoelectric element where one side heats up and the other side cools down by a value "delta T" u get one with a delta t of about 20 and bolt the cold side to the back plate of the fridge and guess what - it cools the inside to 5c

if this is the same as yours the magnets WONT b an issue since the fridge dont actually have a compressor motor

most mini fridges will use this system so im guessing it will be fine

out of interest - does it have a model number? mine is FM-05 and is made by a company called fridgemaster

Ben (lurk75)
31-01-03, 04:22 PM
Sorry have to ask, Aragon where the f*ck do you get all this info from, your like a walking owners manual for: gearboxes, engines and sodding fridges :lol:

Chris LR
31-01-03, 08:05 PM
Why not have a metal box thats just the right size for 8 cans, then fill it with ice, then you can take it with you when you get out of the car?

You could put a padlock on it too?

Tazzy
01-02-03, 01:38 AM
lol, cuz chris, i fridge is cooler! :D

and A, yeah, your spec seems the exact same to mine!

mine is also US 50s stylee, its made by Traxon, its basically called a minicooler, i cant find no code! it has both in house 230v adaptor and in car 12v adaptor!

so whats the best way to wire the fridge to a switch in the dash, then hobviously to the battery?

cheerz!

Chris LR
01-02-03, 01:43 AM
I only suggested that idea becasue I've brought myself an Ammo Box, It's big enough for 8 cans, plus a fair bit of ice to keep things cool. I put a padlock on it too. ?5!

Tazzy
02-02-03, 03:11 PM
the fridge looks good next to th sub, but im gonna have to put down a false mdf floor, but if i do that, i dont think the shelf we sit on the brackets then!