PDA

View Full Version : Whats your sound?

wilson_sri
11-05-09, 10:43 PM
Just interested in what music most people listen to?

Im mostly Electronic music - Techno, tech house, breaks, deep house, dubstep, minimal, progressive house.
Mostly all underground stuff, sort of stuff you find on beatport etc Find a lot of my tunes through other DJs though.
Some of the bigger names i like are sasha, james zabiela, Dubfire, Armin van Buuren, Daft Punk, Faithless, Felix Da Housecat, 2ManyDjs, Luciano etc

Also like a lot of rock/metal music. Mainly from 90s. Bands like pantera, anthrax, down.

So what tickles your ears?

Mike
11-05-09, 10:45 PM
Trance, white label trance, funky house, club house, 80s hip hop, electro, reggea, 70's, 80's & 90's pop. You name it, i listen to it lol

Felix Da Housecat!! What a guy, both you an him!

wwmnw
11-05-09, 10:45 PM
Rock/Norwegian death metal/Dance/Hard style

Hate D&B/Rave/Take that/Pop.

16v Nova Kev
11-05-09, 10:46 PM
armin van buren ftw state of trance every sunday night

craig green
Dnb, hip-hop, underground garage circa 2000, house, old man Rock (dire straights, Led Zep etc).

In that order.

t45_ste
House (many forms of), tech, electro loving BSOD's work at the min :thumb:

Asa-James
11-05-09, 10:49 PM
rock, drum n bass, house, anything with a decent beat really thats original, well written and doesnt involve idiots with stupid names (step forward dappy) or obviously ripping other peoples songs off in theirs (tommy sparkes with RHCP's roller coaster)

current car favorites are foo fighters, prodigy (some old and the new stuff) early pendulum (pre hold your colour) toto, tears for fears, reel big fish and the skream mix of in for the kill

Southie
11-05-09, 10:50 PM
Pretty much anything really lol

The jam, the who, the fall, stone roses, nirvana, beatles, oasis, prodigy, old skool fantazia (cassettes), old arc and life (from my youthful raving days) too much to list really :D

wilson_sri
11-05-09, 10:51 PM
Trance, white label trance, funky house, club house, 80s hip hop, electro, reggea, 70's, 80's & 90's pop. You name it, i listen to it lol

Felix Da Housecat!! What a guy, both you an him!
Aye Felix is a god! :cool: His GU milan mix is one of my top 3 mixes.

Joe Richardson
11-05-09, 10:57 PM
Trance-Armin van buuren,Paul Van dyk,DJ Tiesto,Ferry corsten,ect

Acid hause-808 state,expansions,lil lious,frankie knuckles

Hardcore-Darren styles,DJ Hixxy,Mark breeze,Re Con.

DnB-Andy c,High contrast,plasticain.

Gatecrasher:thumb:

Prodigy

This is just some of the stuff i listen too:)

Dar
11-05-09, 10:59 PM
Today I am mostly listening to :-

Puscifer
The Decemberists

wwmnw
11-05-09, 11:13 PM
nirvana

One of my all time faveourite bands.

Jay
11-05-09, 11:17 PM
Drum and bass, hard house, hip hop. In that order.

Hobbit
12-05-09, 02:55 AM
Anything i can tap my finger to.

mayhem
12-05-09, 02:44 PM
almost everything.

mostly hardstyle, 90's punkrock, hip-hop and techno.

DayveRally07
12-05-09, 02:45 PM
at the moment, whilst on my veranda, ive got the whole SKYDIVIN album from Darren Styles booming up haha

Lauren
12-05-09, 03:35 PM
I like quite a few different types.

Used to be a bit of a metalhead, I still listen to it sometimes.

Mostly like 80's rock, don't mind a bit of DnB too.

At the moment I can't stop listening to Def Leppard 'white lightning' (yeah, sad I know), the Prodigys 'warrior dance' and some song called 'tribal bass', I think it's by the Ratpack.

Sloth
12-05-09, 03:56 PM
in no particular order, punk, ska, reggae, 2 tone, d'n'b, soul, rock, and i like my jazz to chill out to. btw asa, have some rep for mentioning reel big fish, my lad. i hate, pop, and saxo drivers music.... real music uses instruments, not stylophones on speed.....

Jack
12-05-09, 04:33 PM
Electronica, drum n bass, some trance, some hardcore, some rock. Oh and 70s funk/soul FTW lol

I'm not a big one for listening to particular names, but some I do like include Chemical Brothers, Evil Nine, Stanton Warriors, 2MDJs, Kosheen, Hexstatic, Massive Attack, PJ Harveym, Portishead, and of course James Brown. I'm also quite liking Justice at the moment.

I can't abide teeny bopper music. Or Marilyn Manson. My ex used to love him. Like, really love him. Thats when I first realised I may have made a mistake LOL

craig green
12-05-09, 04:58 PM
DnB seems to feature in most lists. All good.

At the moment I can't stop listening to Def Leppard 'white lightning' .

reminds me about when I left my car at Courtenay years ago. I had a Def Leppard tape in the Hedunit as the Cd changer was goosed. When I collected the car 2 weeks later, one of the chaps at Courtenay (daryl IIRC) commented 'nice tape btw!!' taking the piss I think.

novaload1992
12-05-09, 05:00 PM
i listen to anything that sounds good.:thumb:

vx kev
12-05-09, 08:46 PM
All dancy stuff for me like, for personnel listening i just cant bring myself to buy anything else :p
Trancey stuff - Simon Patterson/Dogzilla, Ferry corsten, Above & Beyond, Smith & Pledger, Super8 & DJ Tab, Cosmic Gate.......
Housey stuff - Deadmau5(although he varies from house to trance), Armand Van Helden, Fredde Le Grande, Steve Angello......
Progy stuff - 16 Bit Lolitas, Jaytech, Michael Casette......
Hardcore - Scott Brown, Darren styles, Dougal, TTF(They are still going,new album's fab:D )..........

BIGS
12-05-09, 08:48 PM
Most things apart from that heavy metal screaming rubbish

The Simps
12-05-09, 09:08 PM
Most types of house (funky, tech, mininal, electro, filthy etc), trance, techno, hard dance, indie, rock, 50s, 60s, 70s, soul, funk, disco, classical.

Can't stand rnb, hardstyle/hardcore, folk.

sulphur
12-05-09, 09:15 PM
Anything heavy, with guitars. :D Heavier the better

the agony scene, spineshank, the berzerker, dimmu borgir, hatebreed, killswitch engaged, the haunted, trivium etc etc.

\m/ !!

Mike
12-05-09, 09:18 PM
lol ive got Queens Greatest Hits on at the mo lol

The Simps
12-05-09, 09:23 PM
I always say the Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone is guarranteed to rock any dancefloor!!

:thumb: :cool:

Benn
12-05-09, 09:23 PM
My tastes are getting so different its unreal, tbh i like abit of everything.
But my fav is still heavey metal, rock, thrash what ever you wanna call it.

djshaggeh
12-05-09, 09:28 PM
dnb, uk hip hop and old skool

kelbelle
12-05-09, 09:30 PM
My taste's change all the time but really loving 80's disco lately, really good 70's and 80's club in Ipswich that I love going to

The Simps
12-05-09, 09:35 PM
I funking hate the 80s bar a couple of songs. Bugs the crap out of me when I get dragged along to 80s nights.

Dar
12-05-09, 09:51 PM
Veggie mite sandwich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew)

bmw156
12-05-09, 09:52 PM
i dont have a certain type of music, just anything which gets me moving, or makes me feel nice inside.

Nova_Tek
12-05-09, 10:15 PM
I'll listen to anything, if it sounds good then I like it including classical.

But most of the time its Hip Hop.