PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Reading Incorrectly

Evolution
28-01-03, 09:44 PM
my gte hasnt been driven since july last year, basically it has been de-rusted and sprayed, fitted with 16" alloys and lowered suspension over that period as an on/off project for the mechanic who had it before me.
Anyway the speedo reads atleast 20mph too fast - and basically i dont have a clue how to sort the problem. I cant take it to a garage as it isnt taxed yet and wont be taxed until febuary so i dont miss out on a months tax.

Ben (lurk75)
28-01-03, 09:53 PM
You should be able to tax it now for February, the speedo's are always reading inaccurate.

Shouldnt cost much to get calibrated.

Evolution
28-01-03, 10:36 PM
Well i should of mentioned i cant tax it until i have the insurance cover note - which i dont :D

Chris LR
28-01-03, 10:44 PM
Well you'll have to wait then. :lol:

dikharvey
29-01-03, 11:21 AM
is it always out by 20? It sounds like someone has taken the dial off and put it back on at 20 instead of 0. Take the needle off and put it back on where 0 would be approx.

onephatnova
29-01-03, 07:09 PM
is it always out by 20? It sounds like someone has taken the dial off and put it back on at 20 instead of 0. Take the needle off and put it back on where 0 would be approx.

can it be that simple? mine's got a similar prob (but 10mph over). The needle naturaly rests at 0mph but when you turn the engine on it jumps to about 10mph. Would you have to take the needle off while the engine is running?? or...??

nova dosed
29-01-03, 07:31 PM
ADVICE DONT TAKE OFF THE NEEDLE

I did that and now i cant get it right its out by miles and wont go above 50 even if im doin 100 i have to guess what speed im doing. If u get to a speed camera just go slower than the car in front (in other words let him pull away from u) and if he dont get flashed u wont.

Other than that buy a new clock.

DEE'S NOVA
30-01-03, 02:10 PM
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET IT CALIBRATED AT A GARAGE?

seli
06-02-03, 04:50 AM
it can be 2 resons ether the tigers to big ... normaly reads to low or your spedometer vorn.... i know its the tigers just chane them to 13" or max 14" the smaler the faster and stronger and u gett to use more power in sted of waysting it.