PDA

View Full Version : Car covers

Mike
11-05-09, 09:36 PM
There used to be an old boy down the road from my dads with wickedy bo car cover that was like a massive collaspsible tent.

A pivot point in the centre, one end anchors down to the ground, an the other you simply lift up, drive car out, the pull down behind whilst it still mantains a rectangular base shape, yet half cirlce side view shape.

Anyone know where the funk i can get one of these from or what there called??? Ive been searching for an hour solid on the net to no avail :(

Mike
11-05-09, 10:06 PM
Anyone???

craig green
11-05-09, 10:31 PM
I'm on the case.

Dod
11-05-09, 10:41 PM
Ok, this may sound stupid, but what about a Gazeebo type thing? Argos do them for like £15+

But if you want a proper one, look in the back of Track and Race Cars Mag, they're advertised in there regularly.

Mike
11-05-09, 10:43 PM
Gazebo is out the qeustion Dod, as my shell will need to be stored in there anything from a couple of weeks to maybe 12 months!!!

Track & Race mags, good thinking Ive got shed loads around here an millions of Motorsport News papers lol

Dod
11-05-09, 10:45 PM
They definately do advertise them in there mate, if you have no luck, let me know and I'll look through mine as well.

sparkie1401
11-05-09, 10:46 PM
what about that carcoon thingy the Keith(Krobinson)bought to keep his turbo in? is that what you mean?

Mike
11-05-09, 10:47 PM
what about that carcoon thingy the Keith(Krobinson)bought to keep his turbo in? is that what you mean?

Nope its not like that at all!! Its literally like a tent!! But with no zips an fly nets lol

EDIT: And the puff over the road keeps a classic Rari in his garage in a carcoon, the gheyer lol

Ben
11-05-09, 10:50 PM
EDIT: And the puff over the road keeps a classic Rari in his garage in a carcoon, the gheyer lol

Fill a ballon with brake fluid put a tiny hole in it and throw it on the roof, when he comes to take it out in a few months imagine the tears lol

Mike
11-05-09, 10:54 PM
Fill a ballon with brake fluid put a tiny hole in it and throw it on the roof, when he comes to take it out in a few months imagine the tears lol

Cant do that here lol there all posh gheys, next door have a Bently Coupe thing (that replaced there DB9), an when Andy was here earlier a nice vibrante Orange Porsche GT3 RS came wizzing down the road lol

An i have a crock of sh1t Nova sitting on my drive in axle stands with house brick rear suspension lol lol

Ben
11-05-09, 10:55 PM
bet they love you!

Mike
11-05-09, 10:55 PM
bet they love you!

I can assure you, no, they dont!

craig green
11-05-09, 10:57 PM
Mike, 'touchless car cover' ??

Ben
11-05-09, 10:58 PM
I can assure you, no, they dont!

My mums neighbours used to love be having 4 novas in our front garden, XE's under sheets and a paddy hiabbing shells over the front wall once a fortnight lol

Mike
11-05-09, 10:59 PM
Mike, 'touchless car cover' ??

Just googled it, exact concept yet its suitable for winter out door use.

Nice one chap!!

Mike
11-05-09, 11:01 PM
My mums neighbours used to love be having 4 novas in our front garden, XE's under sheets and a paddy hiabbing shells over the front wall once a fortnight lol

"PNGClub.com, this is how we roll" lol lol lol

craig green
11-05-09, 11:09 PM
Just googled it, exact concept yet its suitable for winter out door use.

Nice one chap!!

Rep in the post is it??? lol

Mike
11-05-09, 11:10 PM
Rep in the post is it??? lol

Technecality?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to craig green again."

Spudly
11-05-09, 11:11 PM
Technecality?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to craig green again."

Spudly has stepped in for you mike:thumb:

Mike
11-05-09, 11:13 PM
Spudly has stepped in for you mike:thumb:

Nice one bruvva :thumb:

13.5k post + repz for you as its let me do it lol

Spudly
11-05-09, 11:13 PM
Nice one bruvva :thumb:

I said, niiiiceee oneee bruvvvaaaaa:thumb:

Mike
11-05-09, 11:14 PM
I said, niiiiceee oneee bruvvvaaaaa:thumb:

Fcuking nice one bruvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaa!

Spudly
11-05-09, 11:17 PM
Fcuking nice one bruvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaa!

Fark awwwwfffff..........

Btw havent we already done this lol

sparkie1401
11-05-09, 11:25 PM
Cant do that here lol there all posh gheys, next door have a Bently Coupe thing (that replaced there DB9), an when Andy was here earlier a nice vibrante Orange Porsche GT3 RS came wizzing down the road lol

An i have a crock of sh1t Nova sitting on my drive in axle stands with house brick rear suspension lol lol

Nothing like lowering the neighbourhood tonelol lol lol lol

F-UCK EM, they sooner see that than be blind, POSH Feckers

you can have a aston Martin without being posh, my dad didlol

Mike
11-05-09, 11:28 PM
Spud yea mate think we have lol

Sparkie, im not buying a cover to hide it, merely to preserve it a bit more, its been dumped on the drive on axle stands for the last 2 years chaps!

Donova
12-05-09, 11:13 AM
Found this, if it's any help.http://www.canopiessouthwest.co.uk/car_ports_perambulator.html

joeSRI
12-05-09, 05:09 PM
not cheap are they!

Mike
12-05-09, 05:32 PM
Found this, if it's any help.http://www.canopiessouthwest.co.uk/car_ports_perambulator.html

Just the job!! Thats exactly what this old chap used to have!