PDA

View Full Version : ecu light

geordie_racer
28-01-03, 04:43 PM
on my sisters 1.2i trip the ecu light on the dash just comes on when it feels like ne ideas wot might cause this? mostly i notice it come on under either heavy breaking or the wet but it just goes off when it feels like it i woz thinkin it may just be a short ne1 help?

cheers
chris

Aragorn
28-01-03, 08:55 PM
hrm u could pay vaux ?20 to read the codes out of the ECU with the tech1 thingy

or find out if there is some kinda paper clip trick like the 20xe ECU's

Ben (lurk75)
28-01-03, 09:08 PM
ring round a few garages, there is a guy down here who will read the codes for free if you let him do the work, otherwise its a tenner.

Dicko
29-01-03, 10:47 AM
nah its very easy with a paperclip to get the codes out of it. ill see if i can find a pic of which pins to cross

Aragorn
29-01-03, 02:56 PM
gah im a plank

first result on a google for "ECU codes Multec"

http://www.bba-reman.com/faultcodesvauxhall.htm

there ya go

connect a and b

Manta Mad
01-02-03, 07:01 PM
The Nova handbook says that its OK for the light to come on and off - if it stays on you have a problem.

geordie_racer
02-02-03, 03:18 PM
nah wen it comes on it stays on 4 ages like 10 minutes then just goes off randomly (spell?) neway ive read the fault codes n it's come up with

fault 24 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) - No speed signal or low voltage

ne ideas?

cheers
chris

Aragorn
02-02-03, 05:22 PM
i could guess as me mate did uthe same thing

uve installed a digi dash and either cut the original sender wires as my mate had done and just wired the dash into the sender - or youve replaced the nova sender with a astra 16v sender and hooked the ECU to that which again wont work

geordie_racer
02-02-03, 08:18 PM
keep guessin there's no digi dash n the senders haven't been changed at all. neway ive erased the faults by disconecting(spell?) the battery and so far the light has re-appeared so it's lookin god. the cars of on a long journey 2mrw so will no by then

cheers
chris