PDA

View Full Version : What do you need when you're buying new number plates?

NovaBoi92
10-05-09, 02:50 PM
Im buying some new number plates for the nova, what information do i need to take to the shop with me?

L14MNP
10-05-09, 03:04 PM
V5c and proof of I.D IIRC mate.

NovaBoi92
10-05-09, 03:05 PM
thanks

L14MNP
10-05-09, 03:09 PM
A bit clearer dude:

What you need to do

You will need to produce at least one document from each of the lists below to allow the number plate supplier to confirm your name, address and entitlement. All documents should be original, not copies.
Acceptable documents to confirm identity
a driving licence, whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (with or without a photograph) - this is preferred because it is a secure, government-issued document showing both name and address
a bill issued by your electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill, or a council tax bill (current within the last six months) or rates bill (in Northern Ireland only)
a bank or building society statement
a passport (whether or not issued on the United Kingdom)
a national identity card issued by the goverment of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom
a debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
a police warrant card
an armed forces identity card Acceptable documents to establish entitlement to the registration mark
vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI) - these are the preferred documents
the tear off slip V5C/2 or V5C/2NI (section 10) of the V5C or V5C/NI
certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
cherished transfer retention document (V778) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
vehicle licence renewal form (V11)
temporary registration certificate (V379) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, Driver and Vehicle Agency or Vehicle and Operator Services Agency
a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease/hire company) (not applicable in Northern Ireland) - the letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C, not the vehicle identification number

NovaBoi92
10-05-09, 03:12 PM
brilliant thanks again

stupot89
10-05-09, 03:45 PM
give me your reg and i will get them for you and send them down they are 25 posted

NovaBoi92
10-05-09, 03:46 PM
thanks for the offer but id rather just go into a shop and buy em. thanks anyway :)