PDA

View Full Version : Thieving twunts 2

tom reid
10-05-09, 09:08 AM
Someone helped themselves to both side rear polycorbonate windows from a Corsa rally car parked in the garden, they were held in by at least 15 nuts/bolts on each window, thing is, I'm thinking, is it someone I know that has taken them?, or is it a random act by a stranger?, really don't want to think too much about the first one, hope it turns out to be the second one.
It has made me think more about having strangers round,to buy/sell parts or just to meet up.

Why do people think they can just take?, if they had come and asked I would more than likely have let them have the windows cheap, I'm not a violent person, but I'm getting there.....:mad:

Southie
10-05-09, 09:15 AM
That sh!t Tom. I suspect it's someone you've had up there before looking at parts sadly. Hope you trackdown the thieving barstewards :wtf:

tom reid
10-05-09, 09:24 AM
I've had a couple of new folk round recently, I'd hope it wasn't them, as surely they'd think it too soon after seeing the bits, then again maybe not!, it's hard to get into a thieving mindset when your'e not a thief

Southie
10-05-09, 09:33 AM
Get some cctv fitted as they may come back for more goodies. Sadly theses days it's had to trust many people, especially when your kind hearted and want to share your enjoyment :(

bedford8256
10-05-09, 09:53 AM
id put some more bits on display and sit up until i cought the little fooookers

Iain
10-05-09, 10:07 AM
CCTV sounds like a good option to me Tom.

Spudly
10-05-09, 10:09 AM
Get an angry dog and leave it in the car overnight, if they steal windows they let the dog out, if they break a window they let the dog out, and if they break in/open the door they let the dog out = winner lol

tom reid
10-05-09, 10:17 AM
lol lol Spudly for PNG security chief
Would cctv be any use if they wear hoodies, might put them off I suppose, what say you spudly?

dj_wudgey
10-05-09, 10:19 AM
thieving b*stards some people are a*se hoals thats why they think they can take other peoples stuff!!

bedford8256
10-05-09, 10:20 AM
if there is a camera in view working or not its definatly going to make them think twice about taking things, especially if they are thick like most thiefs are

Nobby
10-05-09, 10:21 AM
gutted mate but they will appear somewhere, just keep and eye out how many people have them windows?? Keep an eye out on the bay !

stupot89
10-05-09, 03:50 PM
two masive rotwilerls ftw nobody will even go in your garden if they have any sence

tom reid
10-05-09, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the advice, Ive' been busy making the cars and garage more secure, cars have had all suspension/goody bits removed and garage and garden are now covered.
Been onto the old bill and my MP, she even came round to the house, the old bill want names and addresses for all the new people that have visited lately and the same for anyone that comes round regularly with a Corsa B, so if you recieve a PM asking for these details, please don't think your'e a suspect, more like eliminating you from enquiries.
I was quite shocked at the reaponse level, I expected a " oh yes, here's your crime ref No" type of answer.

draper
10-05-09, 11:00 PM
dont give em my address !!!!

Jay
10-05-09, 11:11 PM
It will be someone who knows you i bet. Whos going to be walking down the road and randomly nick some windows!

draper
10-05-09, 11:12 PM
It will be someone who knows you i bet. Whos going to be walking down the road and randomly nick some windows!

have you seen where he lives !!!

Prey
11-05-09, 09:25 AM
I've told you mate - let me 'secure' your garden. Im thinking anyone who comes in without permission leaves sparking/bitten/on fire ha ha.

Awright90
11-05-09, 03:24 PM
Little b*stards, good luck catching them.

muzzy
11-05-09, 03:33 PM
Good response from the Police and MP, hopefully they catch who did it. Regardless of how much things are worth and how small or big they are, it gives nobody the right to just take it.

If its not someone you know, it could well be someone who has been told about your car and have driven passed a few times and found a good moment to take the bits.

tom reid
11-05-09, 06:42 PM
lol @ Prey, you'll have to get rid of them as well then, don't want a heap of dog bitten ashes outside the house.
Draper, the cops were interested in you when I told them your'e selling bits for a Corsa Blol

Prey
11-05-09, 08:57 PM
lol @ Prey, you'll have to get rid of them as well then, don't want a heap of dog bitten ashes outside the house.
Draper, the cops were interested in you when I told them your'e selling bits for a Corsa Blol

if you get a REALLY good dog there shouldnt be any bits left ha ha

chimp007_uk
11-05-09, 09:21 PM
Jesus... Just seen this thread! Sorry to here this Tom!

Some people have no respect for other peoples property... Takes the pi$$

I vote on Spudly's idea, although Alan's sounds intrigueing ;)

I hope you catch them, Guessing they were out of Danny's car? Atleast the Police were interested, makes a pleasant change!

tom reid
11-05-09, 09:24 PM
Cheers Chris, not Danny's car, mine, wouldn't have minded if it were his car:cry:

gaznovalet
11-05-09, 09:34 PM
just read this and sorry to hear that has happend tom real hope somehow they can be returned to the rightful owner. its sad to think how low some peoples respect can go to and hope they get wot they deserve.

chimp007_uk
11-05-09, 09:34 PM
I never knew you had a corsa...!? You kept that one hush hush.

I had bits go walkies out of my drive many a time, usually involving a brick :( It's such a gutting feeling!

Looks like this means you'll have to get your nova sorted instead ;)

hendrix
11-05-09, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear that tom....am i still welcome down when the nova eventually sees the road?? haha I can bring that cap lol.
Hope you catch them though, I'm always wary of new people coming to look at stuff

tom reid
12-05-09, 05:32 PM
Sorry to hear that tom....am i still welcome down when the nova eventually sees the road?? haha I can bring that cap lol.
Hope you catch them though, I'm always wary of new people coming to look at stuff

Darling, your always welcome, with/without Nova, but pref without trousers.:wisewood:

hendrix
12-05-09, 11:52 PM
cheers hunny :) lol