PDA

View Full Version : Engine

frog_southampton
27-01-03, 11:32 PM
I was thinkin bout cleaning my engine up all nice and shiney....
looked at it and my head n think is gearbox has got oil on....
how do i clean my engine...
is a gte

Have any of you lot done 2 ur heads?
polished/painted?

ta

snapper
28-01-03, 09:24 AM
if you want to polish your head, just do what homer did in the simpsons.

stick it in the ball-o-shine-o at your local bowling alley :lol:

failing that, i think there's some stuff you can get from motor shops called gunk(?) that does the job.

mikeoxford
28-01-03, 09:50 AM
have a look back through the forum, think i did it in styling, as i asked about engine bay as a whole etc.

go and look in there cos everyone replied, and you may find not many will reply second time round about two weeks l8a :wink:

frog_southampton
28-01-03, 10:41 AM
d0h!

spring cleanin init...everyone wants 2 get on da job!
soz!

mikeoxford
28-01-03, 11:22 AM
sokay mate ;) just saving admin the job 8)

wisewood
28-01-03, 12:17 PM
Mike i jsut had a look through tech and styling and cannot find that post you were talking about to provide a link to it... if you could dig it out and give the link it would be good mate :D

ade
28-01-03, 01:01 PM
I posted some stuff about cleaning engines - think it was under steam cleaning - only a couple of weeks ago. Looking at thew amount of peeps posting in wrong forums at the mo it culd be anywhere!

:?

GUNK is good - hard work but good results. I sent some pics onto mike to add on the nova-land mods (not really a mod more a help) - just apply, scrub in then wash off (more to it than that, you need to protect electrics and jet washing wngine is prob better that chucking a bucket of water over it!)

See if Mike will fwd them onto you or better still wait till he uploads them

Ade
:wink:

Ben (lurk75)
28-01-03, 03:58 PM
i find TFM very good and very easy to work with. Get it any motor supplies.

(traffic film remover)

stugsi
30-01-03, 07:08 PM
what was you tinking of doing just cleaning it you or do you want it like mine feature car GSI STU LEAR

let me no as i could help ya

Aragorn
30-01-03, 07:50 PM
well apart from the fact that u actually dont have any direct shots of the engine

what i can squint outta the shots u have looks like either a chromed or polished rocker cover and possibly head

any tips on how to do that?

frog_southampton
31-01-03, 06:16 PM
any one?