PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 03:24 PM
I am thinking of running air ride on my saloon. does and one know of anyone running bags on a nova. and what type of backs and compresser they are using?

nick

CoolTiger
09-05-09, 03:27 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87809

mowgli
09-05-09, 03:32 PM
at least the clampers won't get you.....
http://www.topdowndjs.com/Images1/DSC02182.JPG

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 03:37 PM
not much help really as its not his car and doesnt say what he is running

but thanks anyway

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 03:38 PM
air bags rock, i am sick of coilovers.
i will never need coilover spanners again ha ha

mowgli
09-05-09, 03:42 PM
look, you can stick an airride kit on a nova, speak to a www.airride.co.uk (http://www.airride.co.uk) for a start, but it will be a lot of work getting the mounts right etc

most people on here probably wouldn't run them, because they are not what you'd call a performance mod, they are a style mod & actually with the weight of the installation it would slow down the car quite a bit. the airride suspension by design would not react very quickly, so the ride would wallow along.

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 03:51 PM
look, you can stick an airride kit on a nova, speak to a for a start, but it will be a lot of work getting the mounts right etc

most people on here probably wouldn't run them, because they are not what you'd call a performance mod, they are a style mod & actually with the weight of the installation it would slow down the car quite a bit. the airride suspension by design would not react very quickly, so the ride would wallow along.
i work with firestone air bags and am going to get them through work so i aint looking for the pro's and con's of running air ride or where to buy it. i have been on loads of web site trying to find out what bags they are using but they dont tell you.
what i need to find out is what bag to use (eg fs3171) for the gross weight of a nova saloon.
i have ran coilovers on my nova for the last 4 years
i run them on my track day mk1 golf gti ang my lupo tdi
i just want to do something different from the normal nova crowd eg air ride , euro wheels (not speedlines or cav slabs) and my lovely brown pleather doorcards and s**t brown seats.
sorry if you think this is a rant
but it is
ha ha

mayhem
09-05-09, 05:17 PM
bags are for fags...
bags are for groseries...
real men drive deep airless...

:D

i know a guy with air on his saloon, if you want i can ask him for some info.

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 05:22 PM
i was going to rant again till i read the last bit ha ha

all my other cars are running coilover and only ever had coilovers.

its time to move away from the motor sport and on to the lazy boy style ha ha

is it the white y reg saloon?

if you dont mind mate and your the first person to offer help instead of offering advice on not to run air ride on here ha ha

thanks

mayhem
09-05-09, 05:26 PM
dont know about the reg, its that euro (belgium) white saloon.

i'll send him a pm. iirc he's running with a BSS system

vx kev
09-05-09, 05:28 PM
The guy i work with runs air ride on his mk3 golf. His company is called Trix & has fitted various kits to other vehicles. He finds that its is no different really to running coilovers, handles and drives much the same and loves it. The others that have it fitted agree.
A company called Rayvern Hydraulics makes up the kits and i believe he has made them for a Corsa B before as i have enquired about it for my nova.
The Fronts are made up on AVO shockies and can be done to your requirements depending on wheels you run and the height/lowness you want it. Rears basically have bags fitted in place of the springs. Weight wise theres not a huge difference as the spare wheel is usually removed to make way for the compressor.
I believe the kits come in at approx £1500 plus fitting if you dont attempt it yourself! :thumb:

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 05:36 PM
that saloon looks the same as mine with jag leather brown seats

thanks kev i am planning on making myself as i work with the idustrial firestone and got our buyer to start pricing up all the stuff on cos from america and should get it super cheap hopefuly.

i want to run 15"x8 comptomotive ml minilights or maybe zender turbos

vx kev
09-05-09, 05:40 PM
that saloon looks the same as mine with jag leather brown seats

thanks kev i am planning on making myself as i work with the idustrial firestone and got our buyer to start pricing up all the stuff on cos from america and should get it super cheap hopefuly.

i want to run 15"x8 comptomotive ml minilights or maybe zender turbos

You'll need some nice neet narrow bags for the front running wheels that wide then chief! Trix had some trial and error with his at first as when he ran his car pretty low obviously the bags compressed and so spread out. The result was tyre rubbage and eventually a burst bag.
Camber adjusted and some narrower bags sorted this out :thumb:

novasaloon1984
09-05-09, 05:45 PM
thanks for that mate i can see that being a big help to me

cheers

novaboy.p.
09-05-09, 08:33 PM
there was a corsa b air bag set up on ebay a few days ago dont know if its ended now or not would be in completed listings anyway was looking at them my self but i heard they dont handle very good so gave it a miss heres the link actually matey might help a bit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Corsa-b-full-air-ride-suspension-and-tank_W0QQitemZ200338050338QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item200338050338&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

mowgli
09-05-09, 11:21 PM
there was a corsa b air bag set up on ebay a few days ago dont know if its ended now or not would be in completed listings anyway was looking at them my self but i heard they dont handle very good so gave it a miss heres the link actually matey might help a bit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Corsa-b-full-air-ride-suspension-and-tank_W0QQitemZ200338050338QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item200338050338&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

nice tyre rub!!!!!
http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!BRoqT1gB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1-OzBJ+HWmF9yw~~_1.JPG