PDA

View Full Version : red gsi rep. what colour rear bumper?

AlanH
09-05-09, 02:18 PM
as above, about to paint my car ready for pvs (even though it doesnt run yet:eek: ) and i'm debating on wether to go red or black rear bumper. front bumper is staying red, with black splitter, black skirts and spoiler. not sure wether to go for a black or red rear bumper. i think black will contnue the line along from the splitter/skirts but wont look as good from the rear:confused: anyone have any pics with black rear bumper? was originally red so already know how that looks

draper
09-05-09, 02:19 PM
if its a red front bumper than a black rear bumper will look like you had a crash and its a temp replacement

AlanH
09-05-09, 07:13 PM
fair point, duly noted. never thought of it like that. think i'll go red

Stanley
09-05-09, 07:15 PM
I had a GSi-a-like but had a grey rear bumper.

Everyone kept asking me when i was getting the rear bumper painted.

Paint it red, just like a GSi would be;)

Graeme
09-05-09, 07:55 PM
Red for me also, black will look like its been in an accident

CoolTiger
09-05-09, 07:57 PM
my redish gsi rep
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/CoolTiger1992/P4220294.jpg

Stanley
09-05-09, 07:58 PM
Ahh now black bumpers all round is a different story...

Do it:thumb:

AlanH
10-05-09, 08:43 AM
that looks real nice, think i'll stick with the red though. outta interest what colour is that cooltiger? doesn't look flame red (or flame pink as is usually the case) i'm going with a non-GM colour as well, just using some random red 2k paint thats in the garage thats somewhere near to keep costs down, only painting it so it doesn't look totally sh@ for PVS, might not even laquer it as it'll probably be getting done again over the winter while its getting the carb'd engine i'm building fitted. painted the engine bay prior to fitting the engine, was red outside and white under the bonnet and inside the doors, boot etc, thats a pet hate of mine so had to do something about it.

AlexW
10-05-09, 11:49 AM
Cooltigers is Toscana Red, Just been resprayed.

Edit: Do it red, will look crap otherwise.