PDA

View Full Version : Clocks ?

JordyzNova
09-05-09, 10:31 AM
i have just purchased me some gsi clocks they have a rev conter in but my old clocks dont how do i go about wiring them up or ..... could some 1 help me please :thumb:

let_nova
09-05-09, 10:33 AM
most of the time its plug and play. as the nova was mostly global wired. plug them straight in first to see. if its the 6 dials you will need to get a oil pressure sender for that gauge to work.

gaznovalet
09-05-09, 11:11 AM
if they dont work via the plug just simply run a wire form negative - side of coil to the green wire at back of clock and they will work.

jimbob-mcgrew
09-05-09, 01:04 PM
yeh like gaz said negative on the coil, or if youve got a 1.2 carb running breakerless ignition, i think its the bottom left hand spade connector on the coil pack, i cant remember exactly, but the gauge will pick up on most of the 4 contacts, but youll only get a true reading from the correct spade, it will read a good 1,000-3,000 rpm higher if youve got it on the wrong contact. youll know if youve got it on the wrong one as when you blip the throttle it'll go upto like 5,000 rpm and youll be like wtf ?

try extend the wire with another green, just incase you need to fiddle with anything in future, you know exactly whats what. :thumb:

JordyzNova
09-05-09, 03:48 PM
its 1 pop coil pack engine

wer do i run a wire from on the back of the clocks

http://i43.tinypic.com/snncxh.jpg

JordyzNova
10-05-09, 08:37 PM
eny1 ?

let_nova
10-05-09, 08:56 PM
to the green wire on the plug.