PDA

View Full Version : recon engine

mattcogg
27-01-03, 11:05 PM
I have just re-conned my whole engine and I am getting it transplanted on saturday. I have a 1.4nz and to be honest it was great before when we did an exploratory we found shells were knackered and one of the pistons were scored. With everything in great condition and it being a new engine do i have to run it in and for how long? Should the bhp be much greater someone told me sometimes when the engine is "looser" it can be good

Thanks again
mattcogg :D :D :D

Ben (lurk75)
27-01-03, 11:35 PM
Matt is that you?

If so who is reconditoning your engine? Hopefully you have come to your senses and dont let Justin the aprentice loose on it!

Ben

Dicko
28-01-03, 01:20 PM
it needs to be run in, aprro 500miles (not purely motorway) at below 3500rpm and no foot to floor actions

ade
28-01-03, 03:15 PM
Iwas advised with my new 1.4 engine fitted the other week to take it easy for the 1st 300 miles or so - keep an eye on the oil/water levels (incase of leaks etc) and dont boot it about. Advised to change oil after a mont / 500 miles aswell as oil filter

Prob is I do lots of mway driving and you only have to touch the accelerator on mine and I find I'm doing 90!

:o

Keep trying to slow down (70 ish) coz cant go any slower on motorways without looking like a knob

:?

I dont think however my engine was reconditioned though

Ade