PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 16v vectra engine!

NOVATAKER
27-01-03, 09:46 PM
Hey Peeps,

I have a 1.8i 16v dohc engine xe18xe1 outta a 1999 vectra. It has been trabnsplanted into my nova and is pretty damn quick. Howvever it is all run elctronically via a transponder and ecu. Does anybody have any knowledge on any after market ecu's or modifications to this engine????

Any help Appreciated!

Dan

Aragorn
27-01-03, 10:05 PM
i'd expect anything that fits the 2L ecotec will fit the 1800 although what the mods for an ecotec are ive noidea

u could prolly whap in on a mappable ECU and some throttle bodys which could give u about 200 bhp if your lucky

mikeoxford
27-01-03, 10:45 PM
dont see why you cant modify it

why not speak to the regal or velos or similar?

even if you dont get work done by them, at least they can tellyou what they do, i mean surely some cavs and veccys get tuned - see em in TV every month!

Ben (lurk75)
27-01-03, 11:22 PM
right this is a subject i am very up on as have had a long time to perfect my knowledge.

I fitted a 1600 16v ecotec and couldnt get it running due to the built in immobiliser in the ECU.

There are only a few options open as Vauxhall, Regal and Courtney wont do f*ck all for you.

1. you can buy a brand new ECU from Vaux and have it programmed in your car without the immobiliser present, you must have virtually the entire cars loom for this.

2. PM me and i can give you a phone number of a company that speacilises in re writing ECU's they can remove and replace the memory card in the ECU. This costs about ?200.

3. if you have the donor car you can remove the transponder from the ignition barrel, the chip out the key and tape the chip to the transponder and wire the other end into the coresponding wires into the ECU.

The chip from the Key and the ECU must be the original pairing but the transponder can be from any car with the same setup on it (Astra/Corsa/vectra/Zafira etc)

If this is a bit mind boggling just PM me and i will give you my number and i will talk you through it.

I phoned every Vaux specalist in the UK trying toi get this done, spoke to may Vaux mechanics and it never got me anywhere. I know of a few people who can genuinely help not bullsh*t as many will. they all say yes yes we can do it but they havent got a clue what it entails.

Good Luck