PDA

View Full Version : Made Redundant Today

Tommy_nova
08-05-09, 09:11 AM
As above was made redundant today gutted any donations to help me get the nova ready for pvs lol:(

Jack
08-05-09, 09:23 AM
:( What did you (used to) do?

Tommy_nova
08-05-09, 09:35 AM
I was a thermal engineer was a good job gutted

GRUNT 16V
08-05-09, 10:31 AM
5hitter Sorry To Hear That Bud!

BIGS
08-05-09, 10:34 AM
Thats crap man. Sorry to here that. so close to the shows aswell

kevster
08-05-09, 10:36 AM
sorry to here that bud !!! chin up

Tommy_nova
08-05-09, 11:05 AM
thanks guys yea i know shows only round the corner

stevie-p
08-05-09, 11:16 AM
sorry to hear mate n

Tommy_nova
08-05-09, 11:25 AM
thanks mate

sorry to hear mate n

stevie-p
08-05-09, 11:52 AM
same happend to me and a few others here not so long ago
there is feck all work around here for me apart from care work which i cant do
get down the job centre!

best of luck finding a job mate

Southie
08-05-09, 11:56 AM
Sad news Tommy, sorry to here your out of work :(

Don't worry though something will come up. Keep happy :D

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/coolshadows.jpg

scott.parker
08-05-09, 12:17 PM
Join the cue dude!

Sorry to hear it though, sucks! good news is your scuttle covers done!

Scott

craig green
08-05-09, 12:22 PM
Sign on at the job centre asap.

I was laid off christmas week, I was ill with flu over christmas week & into new year. Contacted them on the 12th of Jan IIRC & got a right bolloking for not doing it sooner. I did manage to blag it & back date it to christmas week however. Not worth the hassle though.

Good luck finding something else, there are jobs out there but join the 300 other applicants for each position... Thats my problem.

scott.parker
08-05-09, 12:28 PM
Sign on at the job centre asap.

I was laid off christmas week, I was ill with flu over christmas week & into new year. Contacted them on the 12th of Jan IIRC & got a right bolloking for not doing it sooner. I did manage to blag it & back date it to christmas week however. Not worth the hassle though.

Good luck finding something else, there are jobs out there but join the 300 other applicants for each position... Thats my problem.

Feck round here it's more like 400 for each job (god knows why it's this bad here it's a good area?) and as for carpentry jobs, huh i can dream on, there is more call for a nose blower then a carpenter right now.

draper
08-05-09, 12:41 PM
unlucky mate

the 1 thats really hit it home for me is over teh last week ive been driving round looking for work at specific companies and the amount that have closed down is unreal, also the amount of firms that have downgraded to a 1 man band working out a living room office and gararge :(

keithrg
08-05-09, 01:03 PM
Thats bad news man. I was lucky could claim Income support that was last may. I havent found a decent job to apply for yet. Year at college for me now hopeing things will be a bit better by then. I have a freind and an aqantance that where both told last friday that today would be their lst day. My G/F is still not garrenteed to get wages at end of month since nov last year and know loads of others that have been made redundant Dont know any one personnally thats got a new job just a couple on forums. Good luck though.

kelbelle
08-05-09, 01:05 PM
I'm watching everyone around me get picked off at work atm
But luckily I actually work for Debenhams and not one of the concessions so think im reasonably safe for the time being

Really suck to see some really good people go especially the manager of shoes collection. Really nice women, never heard her say a bad word, worked there for years and she'll be gone by July :(

craig green
08-05-09, 01:08 PM
I have moved back in with my parents, getting by on minimal expenditure & generally feel like a child again.

I don't really have any qualifications other than a BTEC & my gcse's. Theres naff all to apply for & the Job centre arent too keen for me to get any more training. Off my own back its fine, but in order to get JSA you have to be seeking work & able to take it at short notice. So college courses & training are almsot out the window. Evening courses only, but they cost...

craig green
08-05-09, 01:09 PM
Really suck to see some really good people go especially the manager of shoes collection. Really nice women, never heard her say a bad word, worked there for years and she'll be gone by July :(

Thats better than arriving on a Monday morning for work & findoing out there & then. There are no excuses for companies to keep the employees in the dark tbh.

scott.parker
08-05-09, 01:11 PM
JSA should fund you even in night school no? I'm sure they said that to me, I'll dig out the leaflet they gave me.

Lee H
08-05-09, 01:19 PM
Happened to me as well at start of last week, luckily got a 90 consultation period so guaranteed wages for then but no idea after that.

I think a lot hinges on how I do in my exams next week as to whether I'll get another ok job!

draper
08-05-09, 03:22 PM
JSA should fund you even in night school no? I'm sure they said that to me, I'll dig out the leaflet they gave me.

yeah they do round here, the job centre/social/government/whoever are buying up all the evening classes at the local colleges, once again the working man gets funked over :roll:

Tommy_nova
08-05-09, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all the comments people sure soming will come up one day year or never lol

xe Dan
08-05-09, 04:06 PM
you will be ok mate i lost my job last year and im still ok and im running a 2.0 nova just more time to spend on ur car

Mattman
08-05-09, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear this mate, were you not with the company long enough to get a decent or any kind of redundancy package to keep you going till something else comes along?

Tommy_nova
08-05-09, 04:47 PM
thanks mate.. was with the firm nearly 2 years but because its under 2 years i dont get anything gutted :(

Sorry to hear this mate, were you not with the company long enough to get a decent or any kind of redundancy package to keep you going till something else comes along?