PDA

View Full Version : ex PNG users car. Remember who??

craig green
08-05-09, 12:06 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/forum%20Novas/KawGrnNov2.jpg

Pic says it all. The lads username escapes me but I seem to recall he was from the south coast, had a mate on here with a Grey mk1 Sr too.

Stanley
08-05-09, 12:07 AM
I remember that car. Always liked it alot!

Martingsi
08-05-09, 12:08 AM
xe dan? from clacton?

craig green
08-05-09, 12:09 AM
nah, maybe he bought it from 'matey' but I'm thinking of someone else...

stupot89
08-05-09, 12:09 AM
smart car this one likin the colour

craig green
08-05-09, 12:10 AM
kawasaki Green. Speedlines look ace in white.

burgo
08-05-09, 12:11 AM
james rings a bell. email bex and ask her lol

craig green
08-05-09, 12:13 AM
Oooh Burgo. You is right! (james bit)

The morning after that Sat night he fired that XE up at my tent whilst I was in it. Still got the soot on it from that phat exhaust. Was loud (& rich) as!

dj_wudgey
08-05-09, 12:13 AM
it was jseymore with the sr i think lads!

craig green
08-05-09, 12:15 AM
BINGO!

james P

Seymour had the Grey SR (lush)

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90378

burgo
08-05-09, 12:20 AM
im good :) wasnt it crashed recently?

Jack
08-05-09, 12:21 AM
james rings a bell. email bex and ask her lol
LMFAO!

Didn't that exhaust stick out half a mile from the bumper?

Spudly
08-05-09, 12:21 AM
Did this not get bought by someone not too long ago and it had been put into a kerb and had bad chassis leg/suspension issues iirc?

burgo
08-05-09, 12:23 AM
Did this not get bought by someone not too long ago and it had been put into a kerb and had bad chassis leg/suspension issues iirc?yes i think so

craig green
08-05-09, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the prompting & help.

Someone on MIG PM'd me about it & I have relayed the info, maybe he/she can track down the owner 7 buy it......

MK999
08-05-09, 12:29 AM
it's on ebay atm i believe

wwmnw
08-05-09, 12:30 AM
it's on ebay atm i believe

Some one on mig is considering buying it.

craig green
08-05-09, 12:31 AM
Oh I see.........

MK999
08-05-09, 12:33 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Red-Top-Nova_W0QQitemZ270382583793QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item270382583793

It's actually finished, so if they're considering buying it they're too late :p

burgo
08-05-09, 12:36 AM
so what was done about the bent chassis mount

Martingsi
08-05-09, 12:39 AM
yeah xe dan from clacton had that and sold it to a lad around my way, drives it like a **** everywhere though

Bobminda
08-05-09, 12:46 AM
Ah, Im the guy looking to buy it !

It needs some work but im no mechanic !

any info on this would be much help !!! Thanks to Craig for his detective work. lol

wwmnw
08-05-09, 12:48 AM
Off topic sorry but when i was in clacton the amount of Nova's i saw was unreal t'was like they were collected down there and i was pottering about in mine for a week too (clacton-on-sea)

kevster
08-05-09, 07:32 AM
that car did a gear box at pv in 2007 , i can rember talking to wilson sr about i think lol
seein them push it all the way down jipsy lane

Bobminda
08-05-09, 08:13 AM
Thanks this is all good stuff, Whats pv ? and jipsy lane ? Sorry this is all new to me

Jack
08-05-09, 08:20 AM
PV = Performance Vauxhall (Show), held annually each June at Santa Pod Raceway. Gypsy lane is one of the lanes there.

xe Dan
08-05-09, 08:56 AM
rite this was my car not long ago i bought it smashed up i had it jigged and a had a new front crossmember the shell was really good condition never welded apart from the new front end its got loads of potental the only mecanical thing that was wrong with it when i had it was that it had abit of a noisy gear box if you got any questions about it just ask me as the bloke whos got it now is a bit of a plank lol

xe Dan
08-05-09, 08:59 AM
and yeah there is a few novas in clacton ive got my gsi my mates got 2 gsi s another friend has got a mk1 and 2 and another mate has got a gsi rep within about 5 miles of each other lol

craig green
08-05-09, 01:17 PM
Ah, Im the guy looking to buy it !

It needs some work but im no mechanic !

any info on this would be much help !!! Thanks to Craig for his detective work. lol

No worries. I'm sure it is salvageable.

It's always good to see Novas being saved from the crusher (or muppetts). ;)

Bobminda
08-05-09, 06:32 PM
rite this was my car not long ago i bought it smashed up i had it jigged and a had a new front crossmember the shell was really good condition never welded apart from the new front end its got loads of potental the only mecanical thing that was wrong with it when i had it was that it had abit of a noisy gear box if you got any questions about it just ask me as the bloke whos got it now is a bit of a plank lol

Thanks Dan, loving your honesty !

Needs bumpers and interior has seen better days, also needs a spray

What did you sell it for if you dont mind me asking ?

dannyb
08-05-09, 06:36 PM
Yes, from Portsmouth, remember this car at meet 2 or 3 years ago, was very tidy

Sloth
08-05-09, 06:54 PM
oh thats one sweet car. am i right thinking tha rear bumper is a smoothed gte one?

Bobminda
08-05-09, 07:21 PM
oh thats one sweet car. am i right thinking tha rear bumper is a smoothed gte one?

Yes I belive so. seems as though people know of the car !!!

I can only assume the converstion was done to a good standard ?

It really has seem better days now thou

Bobminda
08-05-09, 07:24 PM
If I buy the car I'll be wanting lots of advice on many matters ....hope all you guys dont mind ???

Sloth
08-05-09, 07:27 PM
not at all, ask away. we'll all help mate

xe Dan
08-05-09, 08:08 PM
i sold it for 1350 he said he has got paint for it but i never managed that as its a custom colour what has he done to the interior i spent loads trying to get it rite again it only really needed paint when i last see it but like i said if you want to no anything just ask o and where in essex are u

Bobminda
08-05-09, 08:28 PM
i sold it for 1350 he said he has got paint for it but i never managed that as its a custom colour what has he done to the interior i spent loads trying to get it rite again it only really needed paint when i last see it but like i said if you want to no anything just ask o and where in essex are u

Cheers Dan,

It's all scratched and seats are ripped. the glove box also has a tear !

I would want to get it registered as a 2.0 but a bit concerned it wont pass a VIC test

I'm in Colchester

xe Dan
08-05-09, 09:00 PM
didnt realise it needed a vic test to register as a 2.0 he has wrecked it then the interior was mint when i had it i put a new glove box in it he really doesnt have a clue. ur only up the road are you 100% after a 2.0 nova or would you have any engine size as i no of a good 1.2

Bobminda
08-05-09, 09:12 PM
didnt realise it needed a vic test to register as a 2.0 he has wrecked it then the interior was mint when i had it i put a new glove box in it he really doesnt have a clue. ur only up the road are you 100% after a 2.0 nova or would you have any engine size as i no of a good 1.2

I'm 99% sure it does need one, yeah sorry im after a 2.0.

ment to ask you was the hole in the rear bumper there when you had it ?

It's a really strange hole in the middle, Would you mind just giving me a quick run down of everything that was on it ? i.e brakes, suspension etc etc

Cheers Dan

xe Dan
08-05-09, 09:25 PM
its got a full power flow exhaust system 60mm rear springs with fk rear shocks 40mm front g max springs on standard front shocks 2.0 calibra front brakes not the turbo ones he says poly bushed lower arms and trac control arms the engine is standard its got the proper 2.0 fitting kit all mounts and up rated shafts. yeah the hole was in the back bumper when i got it been like it for a couple of years i was goin to change the back bumper it also had a little damage on the front bumper drivers side from the crash before i bought it also hence front wing any questions just ask mate and on a good point it is a very rust free shell

John
08-05-09, 09:27 PM
You only need a vic check if it'ss cat c or d write off iirc. Not changing the engine cc on the logbook.

Bobminda
08-05-09, 09:53 PM
You only need a vic check if it'ss cat c or d write off iirc. Not changing the engine cc on the logbook.

your right, just done some research on the net and found this on the dvla website

Change to engine and cylinder capacity (engine size)
DVLA will need written evidence of any changes to engine number and cylinder capacity (cc). Written evidence can be:

a receipt for the replacement engine
written evidence from the manufacturer
an inspection report provided for insurance purposes
written confirmation on headed paper from a garage if the change in engine size took place before you bought the vehicle

John
08-05-09, 10:00 PM
That's it fella. Don't expect them to do it in a hurry though, mine took well over a year to sort, they're fooking idiots.

Bobminda
08-05-09, 10:08 PM
its got a full power flow exhaust system 60mm rear springs with fk rear shocks 40mm front g max springs on standard front shocks 2.0 calibra front brakes not the turbo ones he says poly bushed lower arms and trac control arms the engine is standard its got the proper 2.0 fitting kit all mounts and up rated shafts. yeah the hole was in the back bumper when i got it been like it for a couple of years i was goin to change the back bumper it also had a little damage on the front bumper drivers side from the crash before i bought it also hence front wing any questions just ask mate and on a good point it is a very rust free shell

Thanks for the info,

It has some rust as the side skirt is just about to fall off.

I'm a little worried Id just be constantly throwing money at it all the time however i do like the idea of having a project !

Ill keep you all posted

Bobminda
08-05-09, 10:10 PM
That's it fella. Don't expect them to do it in a hurry though, mine took well over a year to sort, they're fooking idiots.

Blimey a year !!!!

What if it's your only mode of transpost ??

I'm now thinking what if any garage would be willing to put in writing that it has a new engine ? also how much it will cost ?

John
08-05-09, 10:18 PM
Luckily it was my second car! Others on here have had more joy than me. All i did with mine was get a friend (who handily worked for vauhall) To write down the engine code,number and cc of the xe, and posted it off. They accepted it ok. However, i've also heard of peeps sending off engineers reports that they've paid good money for, and never see them again. Tis just pot luck with the dvla imo.