PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Sponsorship

andrew1988
06-05-09, 10:22 PM
I am currently involved with a racing team that competes at clubman level racing Porsche 924's. To help with season costs we are looking for sponsorship from an external source. So my question is, does anybody know of a company that would be interested in such a deal? A sponsorship letter can be sent on immediately. We have put together a sponsorship deal for prospective sponsors that include hospitality at all events, the chance to use the team in any marketing and track days in our race car with a qualified instructor including hot laps for entertaing clients and rewarding employees. After 3 rounds we are second and fifth in the drivers championship and top of the team standings

Here are the cars at our last outing at Mallory Park
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w199/andrew_2882/n277001305_3595635_4871595.jpg

If anyone is interested in coming to the next round as a prespective sponsor please contact me.

We are also looking for a photographer to cover our next race in return for company sponsorship on the vehicles.

Thanks

Pistol Pete
06-05-09, 10:26 PM
Back in my amatuer MX days i just sent off numerous letters about sponsorship. Might struggle for major finacial backing in the current climate, but you never know. There are a few motorsport specific photography companies aswell. Have a search about. Good luck with it all.

George g
07-05-09, 09:07 AM
good luck with it chap! dont know anyone off the top of my head. will let you know if i do! :thumb:

andrew1988
07-05-09, 10:15 AM
cheers guys, we've sent about 25-30 letters to companies we think might be interested. But its just guess. Anyone know of a particular sector that might be interested?

Pistol Pete
07-05-09, 10:40 AM
Try compaines outside of the motorsport scene. Tell them it could be extra coverage. Do the rounds get TV coverage? I had a deal with Teng tools years ago, when they started out. Got 50% discount on tools. Not really sponsorship but it all helps!

xxspudxx
07-05-09, 10:57 AM
As said just try all companies saying will advertise there company on the car, worth a try?

andrew1988
07-05-09, 11:06 AM
Problem is sponsorship isnt just "Give me money and you'll get a sticker on our car" anymore. We thought the offer of track days with a qualified instructor would be a good selling point , rather than matey who thinks hes fast. Also the use of the cars for any publicity.

The main problem we're having at the moment is finding companies that would have an interest. Finding a company whos owner has an interest in motorsport would be a bonus

Jack
07-05-09, 11:07 AM
how much would it cost to have a large picture of my face on the bonnet? lol

andrew1988
07-05-09, 11:10 AM
£600 lol

draper
07-05-09, 11:14 AM
ill chip in for that !!

MK999
07-05-09, 11:43 AM

Depends on the number of spectators that put in claims for their mental trauma lol

16v Nova Kev
07-05-09, 11:57 AM

that would make people get right out the way lol:p

muzzy
07-05-09, 02:00 PM
Try local garages, majority of the cars competing in motorsport around here have some form of advertising for small garages. Not sure how much money you would get out of that but if not already done then that might be worth a try. Best bet is just to try every type of company, even if they arent involved in the motor trade at all, builder, plumbers, joiners, plant hire etc

Jack
07-05-09, 02:04 PM
if I had £600 spare, I'd do it just for the comedy value lol

Try putting an advert in the local paper asking for sponsorship from local companies?

[edit] POOT POOT

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/pootpoot.jpg

loggyboy
07-05-09, 02:32 PM
This is where the old 'its not what you know, its who you know' phrase comes in.
You best bet is to speak to mates who work for larger comanies that (like you mentioned) wont care about the advertising potentional but want to entertain clients. Estate agents, property developers, etc are usually the best bet, but in this climate they have all the hatches battened down.