PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.2i exaust

Shorty
27-01-03, 02:19 AM
I have a nova 1.2spi, i want to know what exaust i could fit, could i fit a GTE system which i know is for sale, and would this cause any problems, i want to remove the cat, its making a rattling noice.

Manta Mad
27-01-03, 09:55 AM
The cat on mine was rattling as well, I got a rubber mallet and gave it a good whack 2-3 times - no rattle since - best not do this if your Nova is K reg as you will need the cat for its MOT.

Aragorn
27-01-03, 11:38 AM
since the SPi uses a lambda probe u cant fit a full GTE system

what u need to do is fit a SRi or late GSi manifold with the hole for the lambda probe and the downpipe from the same (SRi/late GSi) then attach a GTE front pipe to this

this will kick out the cat and will also give u a few bhp increase (5-10) depending on engine condition

ive heard varying things about the CAT

some folk say any nova will pass and MOT without a CAT as none were registered as having CATs
some folk say if its registered after august 93(or was it 92) - K plate anyway - it needs one and everything earlier is fine
others say if it had one from the factory it needs it to pass an MOT

im sure one of these are correct but the MOT guys will prolly just do it their own way - some will just pass it, others will stick to the book

i'd say if its not a K plate u should be fine - if it IS a k plate then u might need to be really nice to the MOT guy :D or failing that fit the old exhaust for the MOT