PDA

View Full Version : Bike CBT 17th May

Dave.
04-05-09, 11:26 PM
got my bike cbt on the 17th of may, taking it on my birthday :D, so unfortunatley cant coem to the national day :(

anyone taken theirs recently? easy? hard? :confused:

CoolTiger
04-05-09, 11:27 PM
really easy mate aslong as you can ride a bike ull be fine lol all it is weve between cones stop when the bloke works out on you ect

Spudly
04-05-09, 11:28 PM
I did mine a few years back mate its common sense, as long as youre not a plum you aint got a problem, its not a pass/fail thing anyways and if you dont manage it they bring you back and let you do it again (usually)

Dave.
04-05-09, 11:29 PM
been told its in 2 parts? but im doing both in the same day :D

hopefully can still do it, broke my nose tonight lol

Joe Richardson
04-05-09, 11:30 PM
God i remember this back in the day,did it a few years ago now like,yeah it's really easy,just remember your lifesavers:thumb:

and listen to what they say on the earphone and you will be fine:)

Dave.
04-05-09, 11:34 PM
God i remember this back in the day,did it a few years ago now like,yeah it's really easy,just remember your lifesavers:thumb:

and listen to what they say on the earphone and you will be fine:)

mirror, signal, lifesaver, manoeuvre? :D

NovaLad
04-05-09, 11:34 PM
Dave...
I passed it 1st time...
That's all i'm going to say.

Dave.
04-05-09, 11:35 PM
I did mine a few years back mate its common sense, as long as youre not a plum you aint got a problem, its not a pass/fail thing anyways and if you dont manage it they bring you back and let you do it again (usually)

ahh, so their abit leanient? just not so good on the traveling at slow speeds, allways put my feet down lol

Graeme
Iirc you can't fail it unless your a full on tard

Dave.
Dave...
I passed it 1st time...
That's all i'm going to say.

jesus, must be easier than i thought :p

Dave.
04-05-09, 11:36 PM

great :(

lol

Joe Richardson
04-05-09, 11:38 PM

lol

MattBrown
05-05-09, 07:54 AM
You'll be fine dave!

Its a piece of pish!

The 2 parts are off road, as in on the car park, then on the road for an hour ride!

Just need to learn signs and stopping distances!

Also, DO NOT BUY A SCOOTER THERE FOR GAY BOYS:thumb:

Ernie
05-05-09, 08:08 AM
I did mine many years ago.
My bike broke down and i finished the rest of the day on the back of the instructers bike.
I still passed.

kc_08
05-05-09, 11:20 AM
done mine about 6months ago was good fun, they say random stuff down the earphone, like ohh watch out for this tw*t in the audi hes going to pull out infront of you and that, but yeah really easy i slipped on gravel when doing my emergency brake, and he only said dont brake that hard next time

MattBrown
05-05-09, 11:51 AM
I pulled a stoppie on my emergancy stop (I do alot of biking)

He just laughed and passed me, its a right laugh:thumb:

Dave.
05-05-09, 04:33 PM
Also, DO NOT BUY A SCOOTER THERE FOR GAY BOYS:thumb:
:D

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/DSC01877.jpg

bought her months ago, all ready for the road, except for a brake cable which i snapped riding round the yard lol, glad it snapped then and not on the road :thumb:

not taking my test on it though, as i can only ride restricted ones, and this ones.. well.. kinda not :p

Pistol Pete
05-05-09, 05:02 PM
^TS50? lol you say its not resticted..whats it had done? CBT is a piece of piss. Its almost like cycling proficiency, but for scooters. Its not a pass or fail thing. Good luck with it.

Dave.
05-05-09, 05:19 PM
^TS50? lol you say its not resticted..whats it had done? CBT is a piece of piss. Its almost like cycling proficiency, but for scooters. Its not a pass or fail thing. Good luck with it.

bored to 70cc, de-restricted carb, sports exhaust, etc etc

did 50mph with my dad on it, and ehs 16st lol

General Baxter
05-05-09, 05:25 PM
bored to 70cc, de-restricted carb, sports exhaust, etc etc

did 50mph with my dad on it, and ehs 16st lol

illegal then ? :wtf:

Dave.
05-05-09, 05:49 PM
illegal then ? :wtf:
no :p

the only reason its been bored out is because when the bikes are 50cc, the pulling off speed is utter appauling, probabley be considered dangerous, wouldnt like to be on a roundabout and pull off thats all id say

only bored otu so it pulls off from a stop quicker, wont be going faster on it than its meant to, not going to risk my licence :thumb:

General Baxter
05-05-09, 05:50 PM
17 then?

your limited to 50cc max and is it 30mph max

something like 5bhp aswell

going to tell the insurance ?

Dave.
05-05-09, 05:51 PM
17 then?

no, 16 :confused:

General Baxter
05-05-09, 05:53 PM
i cant really moan i had a 50bhp 125cc lol

Dave.
05-05-09, 05:55 PM
17 then?

your limited to 50cc max and is it 30mph max

something like 5bhp aswell

going to tell the insurance ?

i would seriously rather run the risk of getting caught than run the risk of being killed because its too slow

the amount of teenagers out there with de-restricted 50cc bikes is unbelievable, stop victimising me bax lol

General Baxter
05-05-09, 05:56 PM
if your to scared of getting killed on it,

easy dont ride it then :p

Dave.
05-05-09, 05:59 PM
if your to scared of getting killed on it,

easy dont ride it then :p

work is 20 miles away, every day for a year, i really really dont fancy walking 40 miles a day

and no busses run that far anyway, nearest one is like 2 miles away from work down an a road

Rickardo
05-05-09, 06:02 PM
As an ex motorcycle instructor, all you have to do is listen,try and do what is asked of you, and you'll be fine. There is NO such thing as failing a C.B.T..But, if the instructor think's you need to come back for more instruction, you won't be getting your ticket there and then. It's usually free to come back and do it again.. All school's are different..

I had to teach plenty of Plank's to ride a bike.. If they got on my T*T's. i just brought them back the week after for annoying me.. lol

Good Luck.. You'll enjoy it...:thumb:

Dave.
05-05-09, 06:03 PM
As an ex motorcycle instructor, all you have to do is listen,try and do what is asked of you, and you'll be fine. There is NO such thing as failing a C.B.T..But, if the instructor think's you need to come back for more instruction, you won't be getting your ticket there and then. It's usually free to come back and do it again.. All school's are different..

I had to teach plenty of Plank's to ride a bike.. If they got on my T*T's. i just brought them back the week after for annoying me.. lol

Good Luck.. You'll enjoy it...:thumb:

haha, thats made me feel alot better about it

do they ask you to come abck if you fail to do a lifesaver or soemthign liek that? or would they just let you off? because thats the only think i forget to do :roll:

Rickardo
05-05-09, 06:09 PM
If they teach you right, you will do LOAD'S of lifesaver's on site.. IE: School Yard, where ever they are teaching you..

So when you get out on the road you should be doing them as well. Alot of people do them but at the wrong time's.. No good doing a lifesaver when your approaching a roundabout, i'd be more concerned about what is in front of me, not what is behind me..

The instructor won't fail you for not doing them, if it was me i would be telling you when and where to do them.

Usually you follow the instructor when you first go out for your 2 Hour ride, so when they do it, you do it as well. You'll get the idea when to do them and when not to do them..

I know the word "Lifesaver" sound's a bit Ghey.. But it will do exactly what it say's on the tin.. Save your Life.. :thumb: